Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-23-2020, 11:04 AM   #1

Anti rattle device for hitch

CZC AUTO Hitch Tightener, Heavy Duty Anti-Rattle Stabilizer for 1.25" and 2" Hitches, Reduce Movement from Hitch Tray Cargo Carrier Bike Rack Trailer Ball Mount, Rust Free (1 Pack, Carbon Steel) $10.99 on Amazon now. I got one delivered in 2 days. Quality piece& I hope it does what it says.
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 11:29 AM   #2

I have two of them; one for the drop receiver and one for the tow bar. "Rhino" brand. So far, so good. You will most likely have to check them regularly and find that they've loosened up a bit. Will probably work better on your application, as there's not as much weight involved.
MRichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 12:11 PM   #3

I had to look that one up to see exactly what it is and how it works. Now I see what it's doing, itll be interesting to see how it performs. Post back and let us know.
Let's call the rear of the receiver the end where you slide your hitch insert into. You put the pin thru the receiver and insert and that acts as a hinge point. What I did was about 4 or 5" forward of the pin I drilled a hole in the bottom of the receiver and tapped it for a 5/8" bolt. I threaded a lock nut on upside down and put a washer on with it.
Install the insert into the receiver, put the pin in and tighten the bolt from the bottom. The bolt will push the insert to the top of the receiver. Tighten up the lock nut with the washer between it and the receiver and that thing is a solid as a rock.
Old 12-23-2020, 01:17 PM   #4

I use one when I am using my 60 inch platform or towing my 5X8 flatbed trailer. Works to keep the platform from swaying back and forth and the hitch from chunking when the little trailer is empty. No need on my Andersen even without the trailer, not sure why, guess it fits tighter.

You need to tighten the U bolt to hold the insert in place. I use a breaker bar.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote