Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-07-2017, 04:57 PM   #1

Anyone with Similar Set-up

I have a '12 Ram 2500 w/6.7L Cummins, the wife and I just signed papers on a 2018 Eagle 325BHQS Fifth wheel and I was wondering if anyone has this set-up or similar. Dry hitch weight is 2245 LBS and Dry weight is 11,135 Lbs, and GVWR is 13,750. The question I have is how does the suspension do with this weight on it, do I NEED air bags or are they for comfort? I planed on buying airbags to keep it riding level, but if it isn't needed, I wont buy them. I know the motor and trans is more than capable to pull the weight, and the braking system is more than sufficient(same as the new 3500 that's "capable" of 30,000Lbs.). I'm not expecting someone with the same set-up, but if you have a similar set-up, i.e. a 3rd gen Ram(Dodge lol) I would appreciate the info. Pictures are always welcomed
Cummins-a-pullin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 06:41 PM   #2

I have that exact combination. A 2016 ram 2500 CC short bed 4x4 with the diesel. The truck pulls and stops great especially using the smart exhaust brake. I did put air bags in to level the truck. One major drawback, that jayco is now extremely high! With airbags inflated to level the truck I sit at 13’ 8” to the top of the front AC, and the trailer is very nose high. I plan on lowering the trailer leaf springs to the lowest hole to bring up the back, and adjust the pin box to bring down the nose. Hopefully our next trip we will be closer to level and slightly lower. I’d be much happier at 13’5”.

I did try pulling the trailer without the bags inflated and it was a little bouncier than I like.

Good luck!
spindrift19 is offline   Reply With Quote