Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-23-2016, 08:05 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post

I am surprised about the RPM mentioned for the Ridgeline. My Traverse generally turns under 3000 RPM on the interstate, unless climbing a very steep incline, but I do keep my speed to 60 or just under as that is all the TT tires are rated for. I've only had it shift down and turn 4500 climbing about a 7% grade.
Yeah, I am too

The posted did say into a headwind though.

My Ridge tows my x23B in the flats at 60pmh at about 2,000 RPM. Any sort of an incline and it jumps up to around 3,000 RPM.

It's handled the hills of SE Ohio, N.KY and MI pretty decently. But we are waiting for the trip through the Appalachians till we upgrade TV.

We knew going in we'd be maxing out the Ridge and likely wouldn't want to tackle the mountains. Last time I weighed it, we were 100# over GCWR.
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
2006 Honda Ridgeline (retired TV)
charles_cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:54 AM   #42

Not just any headwind. Sustained at 40 mph and up to 70. If anyone remembers last month in OK AZ and NM it was quite a wind event.

That is a big box back there even it its relativelysmall. We planned on downsizing our TT as we want to go anywhere TTs are allowed.

1900 in Ohio and KY sounds about right.. about 3000 on some grades. Sorry I dont mean to belittle your elevations but those are hills..

What you tow may depend on where you want to go. We saw a Jayco 23 something ( I dont remember the letters) in FL being towed by a Ridgeline from Ohio . They said they were primarily going from OH to FL so its low and not so up and down.

We were over 6000 feet almost all of the time. Engines have to work harder there. I can only think of one place near home in New England over 6k feet and the trailer is NOT going up there.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
23k, acadia, tow, towing capacity, towing limits