Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: what do you tow with?
Diesel 95 63.33%
gas 55 36.67%
other 0 0%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2014, 09:16 PM   #31

I find Gas vs Diesel threads tiring.
This isn't one per say but the answers are
predictable.
I have 3/4 ton for added towing stability.
I have a Gas engine because I only tow 6500-7000lbs and didn't
want to pay extra for a Diesel. Simple.
If I was towing north of 9000lbs I would want a Diesel.

I haven't driven the current crop of Diesels but have towed and driven previous versions. They tow very well.
The current crop of Gas engines also tow well.
I don't think most Gas trucks owners would deny that Diesels are a better option for heavy towing.

Whats tiring with these threads is it's treated like its a black or white answer, when there is alot of gray in between.

Off my soapbox, thank you.

Previous camper-2010 Starcraft Travel Star Sport 175RK
Previous TV-2008 Ford F150 XLT Supercrew 4x4
NHcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 08:39 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHcamper View Post
I find Gas vs Diesel threads tiring.
This isn't one per say but the answers are
predictable.
I have 3/4 ton for added towing stability.
I have a Gas engine because I only tow 6500-7000lbs and didn't
want to pay extra for a Diesel. Simple.
If I was towing north of 9000lbs I would want a Diesel.

I haven't driven the current crop of Diesels but have towed and driven previous versions. They tow very well.
The current crop of Gas engines also tow well.
I don't think most Gas trucks owners would deny that Diesels are a better option for heavy towing.

Whats tiring with these threads is it's treated like its a black or white answer, when there is alot of gray in between.

Off my soapbox, thank you.
I started this poll and the diesel vs gas thread also. The reason why I did was because I was in the market for a new truck. However I only tow a 5000lb load. I wanted to get peoples opinion on the two trucks. After doing both threads it had enabled me to make an informed decision on what to buy. I hope these threads help others decide what to buy as well. So if your tried of it don't read them. I was excited to share what my decision was. Yes it's a diesel !!! And wanted to update my vote. Sorry if you find it tiring.

05 f150 5.4 v8 (sold)
nwminnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 11:46 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwminnesota View Post
I started this poll and the diesel vs gas thread also. The reason why I did was because I was in the market for a new truck. However I only tow a 5000lb load. I wanted to get peoples opinion on the two trucks. After doing both threads it had enabled me to make an informed decision on what to buy. I hope these threads help others decide what to buy as well. So if your tried of it don't read them. I was excited to share what my decision was. Yes it's a diesel !!! And wanted to update my vote. Sorry if you find it tiring.

X-2
Clayton4971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 12:21 PM   #34

Quote:
x3
slabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 02:58 PM   #35

Quote:
My intent wasn't to attack your motives of this thread. I think your thoughts are
valid.
To clarify, It's the negative responses I find tiring. I to like to get good information as well.

Previous camper-2010 Starcraft Travel Star Sport 175RK
Previous TV-2008 Ford F150 XLT Supercrew 4x4
NHcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 03:07 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleB View Post
Diesel here, haven't actually towed with it yet but bought it specifically for pulling the new RV. Ordered a 2015 Ram 2500 Limited Mega Cab and picked it up about a month ago. Really like the truck so far. Once the new Octane is delivered at the end of January I will get to see how well it does towing its first heavy load. This is my first diesel and first RV. Cant wait to get loaded and get outta town!
You should be getting your Octane about the same time as me. They screwed up the wood color on mine,as you may have noticed in other posts. My new date is Jan. 22. Have a 2 week reservation in Collier-seminiole S.P. in S.W. Fla. March 3rd. Should be plenty sick of winter by then.

rick danger is offline   Reply With Quote