Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-27-2021, 04:24 PM   #21

Just a question for you. Where did you get such a good wife? I especially like those who suggest that you need a new truck!
GDBurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 01:22 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDBurk View Post
Just a question for you. Where did you get such a good wife? I especially like those who suggest that you need a new truck!
I'm sure not complaining.
Old 03-02-2021, 07:59 PM   #23

For only a little bit more $money you can get a F-450 and you will not have to worry about payload or trailer weight. And it should pull any mountain / hill you want to go over. You do not have to have every bell & whistle they offer, you can order what you want, Not what the Dealer has in inventory. They only order the Mack Daddy models, plus you will never have to up grade this truck for more capacity. Not ever , unless you are going to tow a Diesel Pusher instead of a 5th wheel.
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 08:39 PM   #24

I'd be REALLY interested in a Super Duty if they put that generator in it that the new F-150's have!
Old 03-03-2021, 01:48 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ranger View Post
For only a little bit more $money you can get a F-450 and you will not have to worry about payload or trailer weight. And it should pull any mountain / hill you want to go over. You do not have to have every bell & whistle they offer, you can order what you want, Not what the Dealer has in inventory. They only order the Mack Daddy models, plus you will never have to up grade this truck for more capacity. Not ever , unless you are going to tow a Diesel Pusher instead of a 5th wheel.
The money is the main issue here. I will not buy new, ever, unless of course I win the loto. I don't have room to park a dually in my yard so that's really not an option. I'm just looking for a decent 1 ton truck at a decent price.
Old 03-05-2021, 03:38 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar View Post
The money is the main issue here. I will not buy new, ever, unless of course I win the loto. I don't have room to park a dually in my yard so that's really not an option. I'm just looking for a decent 1 ton truck at a decent price.
Sadly used prices are more some times than new....
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 09:13 AM   #27

Got to agree with curver900, unless you buy very used, new is probably the better option. Financing options/terms are more appealing and having the protection of a warranty while your financing is a plus. Low depreciation is great when your selling but not so much when buying! I honestly don't know how late model used trucks are selling when the prices are so close to new. Unless new availability is so poor people can't wait?
Pickledill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 10:13 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickledill View Post
Got to agree with curver900, unless you buy very used, new is probably the better option. Financing options/terms are more appealing and having the protection of a warranty while your financing is a plus. Low depreciation is great when your selling but not so much when buying! I honestly don't know how late model used trucks are selling when the prices are so close to new. Unless new availability is so poor people can't wait?
You last sentence is the answer. In Oregon where I live the local Ford dealer has very few super dutys. Most are white so guessing geared towards businesses.
Local Ram dealer only has 3 3500's, all tradesmans. It has 8 2500's all Big Horn and a laramie. Selection is sparse.
Not sure about Chevys.
I traded in my 18 Ram 2500 6.4 for a 2019 Ram 3500 Cummins last year in Sept. Got a smoking deal. Could not get one now as supplies are even worse.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 01:52 PM   #29

It seems that anything that is of a decent price, mileage, condition will leave the lot before most people have a chance to see any advertising. My problem is I don't have the option of driving around the corner to the dealer. I am an hour and a half from the nearest one.

I will not buy new. No way no how. I don't want a monthly payment larger than my mortgage. I realize now that isn't possible.

I am thinking of going to look at an 09. Yes my sights have fallen that much. The asking price is 29,888. I looked at an 08 a couple, three yrs ago and the asking price was around 23,000 and I had the dealer down to 18,xxx without even breaking a sweat. What's with prices these days?

The one I may go look at looks good in the photos but you can do a lot with pictures. I'll look at the truck and ask the sales person what's your bottom dollar off the lot price. I have a price in mind of under 23,000. I really don't think that is going to happen, so the search will probably continue.
Old 03-22-2021, 01:58 PM   #30

if you were a harley buyer in the 90's you know exactly what is going on... supply vs demand.... don't make any and wola demand and no supply ask what you want... trucks are required for allot of stuff.. so make fewer up your margin and crank out worthless cars... i guess... but that is what is going on right now... the manufactures are in NO hurry to start producing, margins are too good.. but then competition will show up.. and just like the harley... well all things go back down... toyota or someone will show up with a hauler... the market will correct itself... I am super glad I upgraded at the end of 19... whew... i can ride this one out!
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote