Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-04-2019, 06:35 PM   #41

Wow... sounds like a little kid. If you dont stop talking bad about my toy I'm gonna go tell mommy on you. First off this is a private forum. As in your supposed to own a jayco product to be on it. Second I never talked bad about Anderson as a company I actually really like most of what they make I use the regular hitch all the time its probably one of the best built I've used. 3rd i stated my personal opinion backed by industry experience (not first had experience). 4th the facts a stated have been addressed to Anderson the company on more the on occasion. 5th if you choose to talk or share information from this forum you go for it. 6th if Anderson thinks they have a case against me and they dont they can feel free to contact my lawyer. I'd be happy to provide the information to them as well as my umbrella liability insurance information. 7th when we get done assuming Anderson a company I spend money with regularly and refer people to regularly wants to push the issue and I dont believe for one second they would it is what it is. As far as you being a big baby and crying about how I supposedly bagged on your hitch grow up.
Mad5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 06:38 PM   #42
CAG

Quote:
I'd be happy to provide the information to them as well as my umbrella liability insurance information.
You may get that chance. And not so much a big baby as calling BS when I smell it.

I don't own the hitch any longer. I sold the toy hauler and went class c so I have not dog in the fight and could care less but when someone makes your kind of statements I just have to call BS.

When you have to resort to name calling you have lost the argument

BTW-it is not "private" anyone with a computer, phone, ipad or tablet can view what is on here.

And he tries to mitigate the damage before Andersen sues him. LOL

"Second I never talked bad about Anderson as a company I actually really like most of what they make I use the regular hitch all the time its probably one of the best built I've used. 3rd i stated my personal opinion backed by industry experience (not first had experience)."
CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 07:11 PM   #43

I called you a name? No I said you were acting like a child. And you are. As a matter of fact you called me a liar, or a BSer. So here is a fact for you. Before you threaten law suits you might want to have some damages you can prove. Someone talking in a less then favorable manner about one product a company makes is not proof of anything. Its called freedom of speech. I also never said it was a poorly made product, as a matter of fact I believe it's a great made product. I also said it's not really designed for higher profit trailers. For low profile trailers (that I don't use) I'm sure it's a great product. And Anderson I know for a fact stands behind everything they make. They are a great company to do business with and I do, and likely will continue too. I really hope you have a great night.
Old 12-04-2019, 07:19 PM   #44
CAG

Take a pill, it may help your situation LOL
Old 12-04-2019, 07:31 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Take a pill, it may help your situation LOL
No pill needed. I love a good debate, or argument. I'm all smiles.. your one of the best I've had lately. If I were close to you I'd shake your hand.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:31 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad5581 View Post
No pill needed. I love a good debate, or argument. I'm all smiles.. your one of the best I've had lately. If I were close to you I'd shake your hand.
I love when two men can kiss and make up
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 10:14 AM   #47

This was turning into a good one! I'm kinda bummed out it is coming to an end.

You can tell these two are old school. It reminds me of a construction manager and an engineer we had here at work. When things went south between them two, if you didnt know them or sick around for the end, youd be calling the cops! They would go at it nose to nose cussing and swearing and just about ready to start thumping each other. At the end of all of it, still with very loud, authoritative voices one would bark at the other of where they were taking their wives and going for dinner that nite. They'd bitch back and forth a little bit over that, agree on a place, say an F - you and see ya there. Then everything was fine.
Reminded me of the Looney Toon cartoon of the sheepdog and the coyote going to work like nothing is wrong, punching the time clock together, trying to kill each other all day, then the whistle blows, punch out and go home together like everything in the world was good again. Loved it!
Old 12-05-2019, 10:16 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
I love when two men can kiss and make up
Maybe they'll get "hitched".
Old 12-05-2019, 11:54 AM   #49
CAG

Discussion and debate are good. Many times it brings questions to the surface that would never otherwise be asked. I thought this was a good discussion and while I won't be kissing anyone I admit it was fun.

In my previous life, before retirement, our senior staff consisted of three of us and a legal advisor (attorney). Discussions could and many times did get hot and generally the legal advisor settled it with a decision as to whether what we were discussing would pass the court's view of it. But when it was over, we walked out of the meetings still laughing and joking with each other. It is a meeting of the minds or a difference of opinions but no one was butt hurt over the final.
Old 12-05-2019, 01:19 PM   #50

This has been a great thread but it was getting stuffy inside that Nomex flame suite for a while.

A few vollies back somebody asked about a Curt Hitch. We have the Curt A25. It is easy to use but we just learned something new... Last week we went for the Escapees "SmartWeigh", which involves pulling an 8-ton rig up a 2" lip and stopping short on what is essentially a large-ish bathroom scale. I have to say that the clattering and gnashing of cast iron and steel that came out of that hitch just about had me jumping out of my skin. Sounded like rail cars smashing together in a rail yard. Even the "weighmaster" was cringing and jumpy, Joan was like WTF, and the animals went bezerk. On the road with normal driving we'll get the occasional "clank" on certain expansion joints or construction seems, but this was unnerving.

Driving around town without the rig the whole hitch would rattle some, what with the slop in the rails, hitch pins and standards, but that was solved with squishy plastic shims.

Before getting this first rig, I researched RV's and trucks but never even thought of considering hitches. We just took what RVOne gave us. Thanks to this thread I'll think about it a lot more next time.
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 03:16 PM   #51

Quote:
Also talk to your rv manufacturers 90% of them use LCI frames and LCI will not warranty any frame damage caused by this hitch. And I'm telling you right now you will have frame damage in time from the use of this hitch. It changes the attachment point the pin box of the trailer. It also puts weight where it's not supposed to have it.
I'm curious about your opinion on this if you're an engineer. I'm aware of Lippert's stance on gooseneck conversions. The Andersen only moves the attachment point a small amount, it does not drop it way down like other style gooseneck conversions which clearly increases the leverage on the frame. You think the small difference of the Andersen conversion will cause frame damage or is it something else?

And is the Reese goosebox a better setup for the Lippert frame and if so, how?

Quote:
First off this is a private forum. As in your supposed to own a jayco product to be on it.
So if I currently own a Forest River TT, but actively researching 5th wheels as a replacement, Jayco (a leftover 26BHX to be exact) being one of them, does that mean I should not be on here?
Old 12-05-2019, 03:29 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan617 View Post
A few vollies back somebody asked about a Curt Hitch. We have the Curt A25. It is easy to use but we just learned something new... Last week we went for the Escapees "SmartWeigh", which involves pulling an 8-ton rig up a 2" lip and stopping short on what is essentially a large-ish bathroom scale. I have to say that the clattering and gnashing of cast iron and steel that came out of that hitch just about had me jumping out of my skin. Sounded like rail cars smashing together in a rail yard. Even the "weighmaster" was cringing and jumpy, Joan was like WTF, and the animals went bezerk. On the road with normal driving we'll get the occasional "clank" on certain expansion joints or construction seems, but this was unnerving.
Angus, I have a B&W Companion..........yes, they are probably the heaviest hitches made but like you being FT, I never have the need to remove it. It is whisper quiet........very tight tolerances throughout. Made in the US.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 11:27 AM   #53

I have the Pull Rite puck system and love it. But I never remove it from the truck. Just don't need to.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS (Louise)
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
pawags45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 07:55 PM   #54

Typical lifespan of 5th wheel hitch

I've had a 16K Reese hitch pulling a 38' 13000 lb 2015 Jayco Eagle 339 FLQS with a Mor Ryde Pin box for the past 4 years which amounts to about 30,000 miles of towing I guesstimate. Its a little worn but I've kept it lubricated. It's not fancy, a little clanky but tight on the pin so I still trust it. It has a limited lifetime warranty for whatever good that might mean. Anyway my question is: What is the typical lifespan/distance pulled on the fifth wheel hitch(s) you've used before you retired them?
Moving Along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 08:29 PM   #55

Lins. Your first question with regards to the hitch. I do know for a fact from talking to a jayco engineer the adapters are definitely no good. And if jayco and my assumption would be any manufacturer owned by thor finds out your using one they will link the hitch to any frame damage on the front of the unit. As for the Anderson set up I dont believe you would have any warranty issues from the use of that setup. That is definitely a question I would ask the manufacturer. I have seen cases where frame damage was cause by the improper use of any hitch. I like you dont think it changes enough to damage anything. My issue is with the style of hitch in general. I believe it allows too much movement because it's a ball hitch. Again that's my personal opinion. Now Anderson as a company is definitely reputable and they claim it's not an issue. If I were in the market to go the ball hitch route I would most definitely go with the Anderson setup. They make great products and have a fantastic reputation for customer service.
I have probably half the people i know use the Anderson and half use traditional 5thwheel hitches. I have only a few that went Anderson then back to a traditional hitch. 1 went back to the traditional hitch because the Anderson actually takes up more room in the bed of the truck when it's in, and he carries a ton of stuff in the bed of his truck. 1 guy went with the Anderson because it offered more adjustability then the 5thwheel hitch he had and his truck was lifted. Your second question no I believe you have just as much right to be on here as anyone when i referred to the site as being private I was wrong it's a public site. I am a member of another site that is private and I miss took the two. I also know lippert has had some frame cracking issues in the past and many of them were on the northpoint units. The 15, 16s. There is another guy on a different discussion that took his northpoint back to jayco and one of the questions they asked was what kind of hitch was he using (luckily it wasn't a gooseneck adapter) they told him if it was they wouldn't cover anything. Now I dont know if they consider the Anderson and gooseneck adapter or not. Hope this helps.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:00 PM   #56

Quote:
Lins. Your first question with regards to the hitch. I do know for a fact from talking to a jayco engineer the adapters are definitely no good. And if jayco and my assumption would be any manufacturer owned by thor finds out your using one they will link the hitch to any frame damage on the front of the unit. As for the Anderson set up I dont believe you would have any warranty issues from the use of that setup. That is definitely a question I would ask the manufacturer. I have seen cases where frame damage was cause by the improper use of any hitch. I like you dont think it changes enough to damage anything. My issue is with the style of hitch in general. I believe it allows too much movement because it's a ball hitch. Again that's my personal opinion. Now Anderson as a company is definitely reputable and they claim it's not an issue. If I were in the market to go the ball hitch route I would most definitely go with the Anderson setup. They make great products and have a fantastic reputation for customer service.
I have probably half the people i know use the Anderson and half use traditional 5thwheel hitches. I have only a few that went Anderson then back to a traditional hitch. 1 went back to the traditional hitch because the Anderson actually takes up more room in the bed of the truck when it's in, and he carries a ton of stuff in the bed of his truck. 1 guy went with the Anderson because it offered more adjustability then the 5thwheel hitch he had and his truck was lifted. Your second question no I believe you have just as much right to be on here as anyone when i referred to the site as being private I was wrong it's a public site. I am a member of another site that is private and I miss took the two. I also know lippert has had some frame cracking issues in the past and many of them were on the northpoint units. The 15, 16s. There is another guy on a different discussion that took his northpoint back to jayco and one of the questions they asked was what kind of hitch was he using (luckily it wasn't a gooseneck adapter) they told him if it was they wouldn't cover anything. Now I dont know if they consider the Anderson and gooseneck adapter or not. Hope this helps.
There may be differences of opinion. That’s what is important. Well put. Thanks

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Nathan S. is offline   Reply With Quote