Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #21

I dont know...I have a 2013 Ram Hemi and my buddy has a 12 Ecoboost....the Ecoboost flat out moves...it throws me back in the seat more than my Hemi does...I think it has more torque off the line than my Hemi also....I like my Hemi, but will be selling it for a diesel, but bottom line is the Ecoboost, imo, is a very good engine and more than capable of towing anything any other 1/2 ton truck can...and likely better than most...
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #22

I have had a F-150 Ecoboost almost a year. There may be problems you can read about on the internet, but I have not had any. I pulled my Whitehawk DSBH from Orlando to the Smokey Mountains and back without a hiccup. It pulls like there's nothing behind me. Not even a struggle on the mountains. I have the max tow package and get about 18MPG not towing and 11MPG with the WhiteHawk. I live in the land of humidity and summer rain and have never had any troubles with the engine not performing. I used to have a Toyota Sequoia. Toyota's are great, but I like my F-150 more. I believe you'll love the Ecoboost.
Equalizer Brand 10,000 lb. WD Hitch
Bamm737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #23

I to was amazed at the low end torque of this thing. You'll get on it a lot till your wife complains of a sore neck. Now I know what it can do and just drive normal unless I need to get to the beer store.lol
equalizer 1000# hitch
bigbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:03 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesj View Post
My opinion: Any TV can tow any TT, the question is how well?

My 2cents: I think it would be okay, on flat lands, but if you have a nice steep grade, like going up the Zilwaukee bridge going up north in Michigan, I'd want the reserve power and torque of a V8, which would guarantee me getting to the crest of the bridge while maintaining speed limit and towing 6k lbs.
Zilwaukee is no match for the EB. I drag my TT up that sissy bridge at or above the posted speed limit and have the ability to pass slower drivers to boot. I'm not kidding. For me, I have never experienced a more torque laden gas engine that truly has near-diesel performance.

You won't be disappointed Wolverine!
Old 06-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
Thank you all for your feedback. For the trailer I have and where I go and plan to go. I bought the Ecoboost today.
It has 10,700 miles on it already. It was a lease turn in. Even talked to the guy. He was 69 years old and did nothing but go to the corner store to get beer with it. No brainier for me.

I too am looking at a cold air intake. I want to hear that baby scream like a banshee !!!

Thanks again for the feedback.
Congratulations Wolverine! With your setup you'll love the towing experience. Safe travels to you and your family.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
Thank you all for your feedback. For the trailer I have and where I go and plan to go. I bought the Ecoboost today.
It has 10,700 miles on it already. It was a lease turn in. Even talked to the guy. He was 69 years old and did nothing but go to the corner store to get beer with it. No brainier for me.

I too am looking at a cold air intake. I want to hear that baby scream like a banshee !!!

Thanks again for the feedback.
Congrats on the new to you TV. A friend of mine tows a 32' 8000# Keystone TT with his EB and he loves it. He's been through the Canadian Rockies with the combination and no problems. Like others have said it has torque to spare. Congrats again Wolverine.
Ry-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #27

You'll love the EcoBoost; I am certainly happy with mine, towing 8200 lbs effortlessly. Regarding a comparison of the big V8's with the little EcoBoost, Ford's 6.2 liter V8 produces a peak of 435 lbs/ft of torque while the 3.5 liter EcoBoost produces 420 lbs/ft, only 15 less than the BIG V8. However, one must keep in mind that the 3.5 liter will produce 80% or more of its peak torque from 2800 rpm up through 5500 rpm, which is MUCH better than the 6.2 liter! I am constantly amazed with the little engine that could!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #28

EcoBoost

Well after a lot of time trying to decide on what TT to get my wife and I have decided to get the Jayco Eagle 284BHS and will be towing it with my 2012 FX4 Ecoboost without the max tow, but does have the tow package, ive talked to many many people about the towing power and it just simply amazes everyone i talk to, we were considering getting the whitehawk 28dbhs but decided to pull the trigger on the 1000# heavier trailer, we will see how it does, firestone air bags and tow mirrors will be going on along with a WDH.... what does everyone think about the eagle 284bhs??
jakenjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #29

I almost bought an Ecoboost, I was very impressed with wha I read on them and still am. I am glad those that have them are happy with them, but we found a very low mileage diesel in my sig below and decided to pick it up for a little less money too vs. a new Ecoboost. They are a great option.

66 nights in 2016
61 nights in 2015
Derek700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #30

I bought the EB based on much research and talking with people that tow and camp regularly like I do. Couldn't find anyone that was disappointed or that would change their mind. Plus, I wanted better mpg when I wasn't towing. A truck has been the family station wagon so to speak for several years. It was the best choice to still have a super crew and better mpg.
All I know, it has to be better than my old 5.4

2016 Ford F-350 Lariat Screw 6.7 Stroker
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #31
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakenjill View Post
Well after a lot of time trying to decide on what TT to get my wife and I have decided to get the Jayco Eagle 284BHS and will be towing it with my 2012 FX4 Ecoboost without the max tow, but does have the tow package, ive talked to many many people about the towing power and it just simply amazes everyone i talk to, we were considering getting the whitehawk 28dbhs but decided to pull the trigger on the 1000# heavier trailer, we will see how it does, firestone air bags and tow mirrors will be going on along with a WDH.... what does everyone think about the eagle 284bhs??
Welcome to the forum, jakenjill. Better off to post questions in a new thread to get responses. The travel trailer forum would be best to ask your question " what does everyone think about the eagle 284bhs??" Enjoy your trailer, and the forum!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote