Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-04-2011, 05:45 PM   #11

thanks for the suggestion. We are installing the tran cooler tomorrow and I will have them look at the spare. What we have really decided is too keep our eye out for a new TV. We will use the minivan until we find the right vehicle.

bertscampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:28 PM   #12

Installing the 18,000 or their slightly larger 24,000 Hayden LDP cooler in your Ford mini-van is a great idea.

Luckily, I don't drive far each day and thus, don't need a "gas savings" vehicle. If looking for a vehicle that will carry 4 comforably (and with option of 3 across the rear), have some decent pulling power for a small TT yet be small enough to still park between the skinny yellow lines, my next vehicle would probably be a Ford Sport Trac 2-wheel drive with V8 engine. For more details, surf: http://www.ford.ca/pdf/brochures/11223_en.pdf

And, I'd keep my mini-van for grocery shopping, local "run abouts" and for passenger hauling. And, I'd use my mini-truck (soft of speaking) for hauling and towing. And for large loads, I'd use my mini-Pickup with my 6x10 landscape utility trailer (that has its own brakes).

This specific mini-truck might work for you as well...

Spike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:38 PM   #13

Hi Spike, You are full of great advice and knowledge. Thanks. They tried to install the larger Hayden cooler and were worried because there was so little room. They stop the install and decided to go with another dealer and install the tru cool. I hope this works out but during the install they noticed I had coolant leaking from the timing chain cover so the gasket needs replacing another one as well which they quoted $1200. Now I am seriously wondering if I should by an explorer or something. We have a small for focus for work and driving around. My wife and I work together so we can save on gas.

Thanks once again.

bertscampers is offline   Reply With Quote