Jayco RV Owners Forum

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2015, 12:58 PM   #11
Senior Member
3'senough's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,072
NYS is R endorsement for class 5 license if you are over 26,001 GVWR total or over 40ft. A class A or B CDL superceeds this endorsement which I have a B with air CDL. PITA to get and maintain a CDL today, but I get a discount on ins so I keep it.

R endorsement is obtained through a road test in your RV or TV and trailer setup. No written test.

As long as you are leagal within the state you hold your license you are covered.

CDL's are now federal.


2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.