Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Towing, Hitching and Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2020, 08:25 PM   #1

HELP -- Source & Pricing for Jayco RV Accessory Receiver (Part #024026)

Hi all,

Advice wanted ...

Does anyone know the cost of Jayco RV Accessory Receiver (Part #024026) or options of how/where to purchase this?

-- I've been caught in a merry-go-round on this topic since buying our first camper trailer this summer (2020 Jayco Jayflight 28BHS).

-- Initially, I wasn't getting much support from my dealer, I'm now being quoted $830 installed plus taxes for a lightweight hitch receiver that bolts directly to the unit frame (tabs pre-installed by the manufacturer).

If you have any prior experience please share where you got yours and at what price. I tried calling Jayco but they told me they won't share with the "public", I have to go through my dealer.

Thanks for anything you can share,

kind regards,
Ross.
RSquared123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 10:33 PM   #2

Why not get something from e-trailer and put it in yourself?

Eg.
https://www.etrailer.com/RV-and-Camp...rt/C13701.html
2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 10:49 PM   #3

Hi NewBlackDak,

In truth, I've tried that approach already, I have a Curt adjustable hitch receiver in my garage right now (https://www.etrailer.com/RV-and-Camp...urt/13703.html) but there was a bit more to it than I first thought, I even explored asking around local welding shops to see if they could help out but no takers.

And then there was the email from Jayco themselves -- I had asked for any literature or guidance that would help me peel back the weather protection membrane so I could attach the Curt receiver to the camper I-frame, but they wouldn't offer any advice and said if I make ANY modifications the warranty will be void which made me a bit nervous.

This brought me back full circle to try and do it the "Jayco-approved" way but they won't deal with customers directly and I feel like I'm being gouged by my local dealer to source & install the part which I understand will bolt directly to the existing tabs on the chassis frame without any messing about &/or welding.

Due to lack of experience & some general nervousness, I've wasted a lot of time looking at this during the summer before just deciding to ask for help from this forum community.

Thanks for your reply anyway, I hope there are other RVers out there who have managed to get this part or other solution at a decent price that works for newbies like me,

b/w,
Ross.
RSquared123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 05:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSquared123 View Post
This brought me back full circle to try and do it the "Jayco-approved" way but they won't deal with customers directly and I feel like I'm being gouged by my local dealer to source & install the part which I understand will bolt directly to the existing tabs on the chassis frame without any messing about &/or welding.
You might call a couple dealers. Some have posted that they have gotten varying prices that way.

You might call here, but then you will have shipping and will have to install it.

https://www.jaycorvparts.com/
Old 10-22-2020, 07:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSquared123 View Post
Hi NewBlackDak,

In truth, I've tried that approach already, I have a Curt adjustable hitch receiver in my garage right now (https://www.etrailer.com/RV-and-Camp...urt/13703.html) but there was a bit more to it than I first thought, I even explored asking around local welding shops to see if they could help out but no takers.

And then there was the email from Jayco themselves -- I had asked for any literature or guidance that would help me peel back the weather protection membrane so I could attach the Curt receiver to the camper I-frame, but they wouldn't offer any advice and said if I make ANY modifications the warranty will be void which made me a bit nervous.

Due to lack of experience & some general nervousness, I've wasted a lot of time looking at this during the summer before just deciding to ask for help from this forum community.

Thanks for your reply anyway, I hope there are other RVers out there who have managed to get this part or other solution at a decent price that works for newbies like me,

b/w,
Ross.

I understand. I ended up going with the Curt for the same reason, but I have a welder.
I dealt with a similar issue. My unit didn’t have a ladder from the factory, but I knew the mounting backers were there. The local dealerships all wanted around $1000 to get the Jayco part and install it. The manufacturers don’t make their own parts. I snooped the lot until I figured out it was a Stromberg Carlson ladder. Bought one e-bay for $100, and installed it myself.
2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote