Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-07-2020, 03:25 PM   #1

Help with setting up equalizer

Hey guys. Never had an issue before but we just got our white hawk 31bh and I was trying to set up the hitch today

What I did as usual

-leveled trailer by checking frame front and back - height of top of coupler 27"

Issue I. Having is I had to flip the shank to get close the the 27" but once flipped the lowest I get is 28 1/4 to my TV top of ball

You can see in the picture I'm at the lowest point for the bolt holes but if I flip it back over I'll be way too low. I know I probably need another eager or 2. With using the 28 1/4" you can see I am angled up. Best to just flip the shank back over and see what happens? You can see by the bars how off it is. And it looks worse in person These should be level to the frame. Going to try again tomorrow so any input would be appreciated!

ThanksClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200607_162316.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	59778Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200607_162103.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	59779
wraenking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 12:24 PM   #2

Spoke with Equalizer - looks like i should be good to go just by flipping the "L" brackets - i missed that in the installation instructions to flip them when you have the bottom mount coupler. Ill re-try and post results

thanks
wraenking is offline   Reply With Quote