Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-21-2017, 06:40 AM   #21

Sorry about the awning, hope that repair is good as new.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:20 AM   #22

Demiles.

What trucks did you have the issue with of the fender height vs scale?

Maybe I have been lucky in the two times I have set a truck up that I also weighed. First was a ‘10 Silverado 1500 CCSB that the fa weight was the exact same as the unloaded weight. Second was my current ‘13 2500HD: first time on the scales the fa weight was exact (all tanks empty), second time after doing a few mods and having 20g of fresh water along with the bike rack and three mountain bikes on the rear I was 40lbs light.

Funny you mentioned buying some slim washers for the Equal-I-Zer!!! It’s something I think they should include at least one of with the wdh. That is one thing I like about the Reese system I have over the Equal-I-Zer: my Reese has a large “washer” with fine teeth that is used for adjusting the tilt. Per Reese, two teeth are approximately equal to one chain link, which allows an inbetween adjustment. Per a tech a Equal-I-Zer, a washer change is about equal to changing the tongue bracket up or down accordingly a hole as you probably know.

Grumpy,

Finding a nice level location is definitely a challenge!!! I know I have spent times either out in the road at our old house, or down the street at the church. We used to have a parking lane at the old house, that I have adjusted the wdh while parked in. Did away with it when the road was repaved due to federal money.

Understand.

Definitely would have different fa weights depending on all those combos. What would be interesting is to see how much the fa weight differs with different cab/bed combos all in the same class of truck (1500, 2500).

Measuring the fender height definitely isn’t the best way, but it at least should get one in the ballpark. And some may not have a scale local which can be an issue. Or the pain in the rear single scale: getting all the required weights on that can be time confusing!!!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:37 AM   #23

Good as new...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabirch View Post
Sorry about the awning, hope that repair is good as new.
Let me just tell you about my dealer... Camper Country in Myrtle Beach, SC. I sent an email Saturday night shortly after it happened, still sick to my stomach. His response was "things happen. It can be fixed."

On Monday I sent him another email with pictures, and the question.. "I don't know if it's possible..and I know It's unreasonable, but if I get to you Monday, is there any chance of getting it Wednesday? We were planning to camp on Wednesday thru the weekend." The dealer is about an hour and half away.

The dealer called me. He said, "I've done some checking and it will take me 2 weeks to get the parts, but get it to me today. I'll take awning off of a new one on the lot."

I got it to him about 4pm Monday. He called me about 4pm yesterday and said was ready. We are picking it up today and hitting the road. How is THAT for customer service!
Moseh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 08:24 AM   #24

Both trucks were Chevy HD2500’s one was a 2006 the other 2010 not the same trailer. The amount of rise at the front fender was small under a half inch on both I recall. Even my current truck only has 5/8 in. rise with 950 lbs hitch weight. I’ve adjusted my hitch without the combo being on a scale but the trailer and hitch weights are known values. I used the front fender measurement as a starting point and also took rear fender well measurements. The current Nissan acts very closely to the old 06 Silverado in that if too much weight is removed off the bottom overload spring on the rear spring pack with WD the back end gets too light. So I use that a reference as well and test drive to fine tune. I’m willing to bet I’m close to 50% FALR that the SAE recommends on the Nissan too. I had access to a private scale at one time but now I don’t and the closet Public one is 35 miles away in the opposite way I normally travel.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:12 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moseh View Post
Let me just tell you about my dealer... Camper Country in Myrtle Beach, SC. I sent an email Saturday night shortly after it happened, still sick to my stomach. His response was "things happen. It can be fixed."

On Monday I sent him another email with pictures, and the question.. "I don't know if it's possible..and I know It's unreasonable, but if I get to you Monday, is there any chance of getting it Wednesday? We were planning to camp on Wednesday thru the weekend." The dealer is about an hour and half away.

The dealer called me. He said, "I've done some checking and it will take me 2 weeks to get the parts, but get it to me today. I'll take awning off of a new one on the lot."

I got it to him about 4pm Monday. He called me about 4pm yesterday and said was ready. We are picking it up today and hitting the road. How is THAT for customer service!
That is EXCELLENT... much better than when my local CW tells us that it will take a month for parts, and then a month to schedule it "after the parts arrive". I asked them if they can schedule it when ordering parts.. they said NO - we never schedule a repair until all parts are in.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 06:23 PM   #26

Quote:

Now, THAT is definitely customer service! Worth buying from them even if they are pricier than online!

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:25 AM   #27

That's a dealer I'd go back to when I was in the market for another RV.

Quote:

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 09:44 AM   #28

Moseh,

That is an awesome dealer!!!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 09:48 AM   #29
Site Team

Camper Country has a very good reputation in the lowcountry!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote