Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-03-2017, 05:01 AM   #1

Jack It, Hayes, and TufTruck

Well, I think I am pulling the trigger on the Jack It bike rack, the Hayes Sway Master, and a set of progressive rear coils from TufTruck. I am also going to install Bilstein shocks (front/rear). Any final words before I do the deed?

We plan on keeping this 1/2 ton and TT for another 5-7 years. The progressive coils engage under load, so the unloaded ride remains as "OE." I do not want to add 200lbs to the tongue with a Hensley or ProPride, maybe when we move up the chain to a bigger unit and truck - if we go that route someday. So the Hayes along with the Equalizer may be it for this particular combo. We are also redistributing more weight to the TT since we are not even scratching the surface on its axles. We also need to distribute another 200lbs or so to the TV front axle.

I will get the new parts installed, load everything, adjust the WDH, and return to the CAT to get things dialed in before we head out this summer. Thanks to all of you guys who have been helping! I will post the new numbers when I get them.
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:51 AM   #2
bap

I added the TufTruck progressive springs, Bilestein shocks and a Helwig Sway bar to the rear of my 2013 Ram 1500 2 years ago. Made a huge difference towing both my camper and my equipment trailer. Ride is good and handling is great.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:24 PM   #3

I am leaning towards the TufTruck coils and Bilesteins, but I am not so sure about adding the Hayes Sway Master. It seems like one more thing to go wrong and complicate matters. Sometimes less is more and better. I am also pretty sure we are going for the Jack It rack.
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:08 AM   #4

I just bought the jack-it bike rack. i think you will like it. Installation was very easy and it seems like a well made product. I will try it out for the first time in 2 weeks on the way to Watkins Glen.