Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-30-2016, 01:34 PM   #21

Congrats on new tv
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 03:26 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSerendipity View Post
Did not think I would ever use all of those Upgrades in my F250 Lariat. I even laughed at the salesman when he mentioned the Heated/Cooled Seats. Said I would never have a need for cooled seats. But boy, did I enjoy that cool feeling on my back a couple of times last summer. Use & enjoy all those upgrades!!!

Enjoy your new F250

My wife didn't even consider the Lariat until I mentioned heated/cooled/memory seats. Dual temp control took it over the top. The truck we got also included the moon roof and navigation which we couldn't care for, but it's definitely nice to have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2014 Feather Ultra Lite X23B (sold)
IceOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 03:32 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIFL19H View Post
IOF...

Congrats on the F250... I see you got a 2WD, should tow very well.

I decided to go all out when we got ours, Ultimate Lariet Package and 4WD. I told myself why would I ever need the tailgate step but I guess I'm stuck with it. As high as my truck is and with my Cap I could never climb into the back without it, you never know you need it (or it is useful) until you have it.

The AC seats are nice after sweating in the Summer heat hooking up the rig!

I could do without the Moonroof but that's about it.

We couldn't find a 4WD with the front bench seats which was our #1 priority. I couldn't care for the tailgate step either as we will get an aftermarket side step which works better esp since you can't open the tailgate with the trailer attached.

If I had to do it over, we would have ordered a truck with the options we wanted. We couldn't wait as we'll be embarking on a 11 day trip in less than 2 weeks which includes stops in Big Sur and Yosemite which has some challenging terrain.

Old 05-30-2016, 03:38 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12VOLTMAN View Post
Gorgeous truck! That should do a much better job of pulling your camper. I'm looking forward to seeing the 2017 Superduty redesign. Should be interesting!

I've heard some nice things about the 2017s. The prices will be going up as they will be including more standard features for each model. I'm looking forward to seeing how the new trailer backup assist and 7 camera system works as well of Sync 3 with Apple Play support.

Old 05-30-2016, 07:11 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceOnFire View Post
I've heard some nice things about the 2017s. The prices will be going up as they will be including more standard features for each model. I'm looking forward to seeing how the new trailer backup assist and 7 camera system works as well of Sync 3 with Apple Play support.

I've watched some videos on the trailer back up assist and I'm not sold on it. I can already see people staring at that little screen, twisting away at the knob while the front of their truck smacks something!
Old 05-31-2016, 08:04 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12VOLTMAN View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing the 2017 Superduty redesign. Should be interesting!
We make much of the aluminum for the F-150 and the new Super Super Duty...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1016.jpg   IMG_1017.jpg   IMG_1018.jpg   IMG_1019.jpg   IMG_1196.jpg  

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 08:44 PM   #27

WOW! That is sharp! I think I just might NEED one of those!
Old 05-31-2016, 09:18 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceOnFire View Post
We couldn't find a 4WD with the front bench seats which was our #1 priority. I couldn't care for the tailgate step either as we will get an aftermarket side step which works better esp since you can't open the tailgate with the trailer attached.

If I had to do it over, we would have ordered a truck with the options we wanted. We couldn't wait as we'll be embarking on a 11 day trip in less than 2 weeks which includes stops in Big Sur and Yosemite which has some challenging terrain.
As for the Tailgate step... I did not see the need but now that I have it I am so glad I have it. I have a Cap on my truck so I climb in and out from the back to load it up and that step makes it so much easier. I thought it was gimmicky before I bought it but now I think otherwise, at least for my situation.

I am able to open my tailgate when hooked up to our BHBE, it is close but Im able to open it. I open it to slide in or out the Hitch bars when un-hooking the WDH to back it into our yard.

I would of ordered as well and/or waited for the 2017's as it is a whole new platform versus the 20 yr old platform our trucks are on but like you was in a time crunch so got the closest thing to what I would have ordered.

Your 11 day trip sounds very nice... we would love to get out to Yosemite. We just watched the National Parks series on PBS and that one is on our list to visit... but its 2,800 miles from home.

We have a 16 Day trip in July... Florida to St. Louis and back.
MIFL19H is offline   Reply With Quote