Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-06-2016, 01:02 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
SmokerBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: PNW
Posts: 2,699
Sounds like something I'd wait a year or two to get, so the guinea pigs can work the bugs out.
__________________

__________________
Bill
2011 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab
2011 Jay Flight 26BH
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:07 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 4,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokerBill View Post
Sounds like something I'd wait a year or two to get, so the guinea pigs can work the bugs out.
+1

I think disc brakes would be a nice complement to this system if designed properly.
__________________

__________________


2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:20 PM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Marietta
Posts: 62
Yeah, I thought about that too, but it was priced as a $375 msrp option and I got approx 30% off MSRP on my total ordered unit via negotiations, so I I figured for about $260, I'd gamble and see how it is. I could always unplug it/take it off/sell on ebay or whatev.
__________________
GA Family of 4
2015 Ram 2500 Crew 6.4 4.10 4x4
Eagle TT 284BHBE (Ordered 12/15)

Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:51 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Houston
Posts: 781
I am a little skeptical. If you look at the image, it only works outside the limits of your WD hitch. If my trailer is swaying that much that I need their new toy, I am doing something wrong and VERY dangerous.
__________________
2016 Jayco Eagle 330RSTS = "Madame Maxime"
Maxxis M8008 E rated Tires and 16" Wheel Upgrade
Dual A/C 15K BTU, 14K Equalizer WD hitch with SC
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:57 PM   #15
Site Team
 
Crabman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia`s Eastern Shore
Posts: 14,654
AVAILABLE NOW ON ALL JAYCO TRAVEL TRAILERS!
First to bring this great technology to the industry, Jayco is proud to include this affordable option on all of our travel trailers, with Sway Command prep coming standard. We believe safety is the first priority while traveling and camping. Learn more about our travel trailers below, and have peace of mind while towing with Sway Command and Jayco!

I think I had to read this 3 times to realize only the prep is standard, not the system. It is carefully or skillfully worded....
__________________
2017 Coachmen Catalina 283RKS
2004 Chevy 2500 HD CC 6.0l
2010 Jayflight 28BHS (sold)
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:44 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Kelowna, BC Canada
Posts: 215
Soooo.. here I guess is the million dollar question they don't answer. How does it work??? That I imagine is the question we are all asking ourselves.
Happy Camping
__________________
'07 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD XC LB SRW 4X2.
Powerstop Brakes on all corners.
'15 JayFlight 28BHBE Elite Fibreglass
Andersen Hitch.
'07 Northern Lite 10-2RR Camper.
SuperSprings.
Northern Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:52 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
3'senough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Jay View Post
Soooo.. here I guess is the million dollar question they don't answer. How does it work??? That I imagine is the question we are all asking ourselves.
Happy Camping
It applies the brakes independently of one another from side to side to straighten the trailer out through tension. Apparently there is a gyro in the unit to determine the sway event and as mentioned above only when the event is above normal.
__________________

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:04 PM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Washington
Posts: 87
This looks really great. Trailer sway has to be the thing I fear most being new at towing. I am sure it will happen sooner than later, I just hope I am mentally prepared for it and handle the situation correctly.
jsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:21 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Houston
Posts: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsims View Post
This looks really great. Trailer sway has to be the thing I fear most being new at towing. I am sure it will happen sooner than later, I just hope I am mentally prepared for it and handle the situation correctly.
Getting a properly sized and installed Weight Distribution Hitch with sway control is a must for larger RVs and\or smaller TV's. This should resolve 90% of the problems most people encounter when trailering. The other 10% is just stupidity and there is no legal solution for that unfortunately.
__________________
2016 Jayco Eagle 330RSTS = "Madame Maxime"
Maxxis M8008 E rated Tires and 16" Wheel Upgrade
Dual A/C 15K BTU, 14K Equalizer WD hitch with SC
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:38 PM   #20
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Marietta
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairenatic View Post
Getting a properly sized and installed Weight Distribution Hitch with sway control is a must for larger RVs and\or smaller TV's. This should resolve 90% of the problems most people encounter when trailering. The other 10% is just stupidity and there is no legal solution for that unfortunately.
My fear is the stupidity of the other drivers on the road and the things they do in front of me, another reason I went with it as an option.
__________________

__________________
GA Family of 4
2015 Ram 2500 Crew 6.4 4.10 4x4
Eagle TT 284BHBE (Ordered 12/15)

Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.