Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-14-2019, 09:04 AM   #1

Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Anyone have experience with the Nitto Ridge Grapplers? I have been running 285/60R20 Goodyear Duratracs for the past few years and they have been great on all accounts. I would consider another set perhaps but I'm thinking about going up to a 295/60R20 and the Ridge Grapplers seem like a good tire available in that size.

The weight increase would be just under 6lb/tire and just over a half inch of diameter increase. Looking for comments on how they perform while towing, winter traction, highway noise, tread wear, etc.

Thanks.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:54 AM   #2

I've got ridges on my silverado. Only towed twice with them. Night and day difference over my p rated tires. Being 10ply. I live in Canada in the prairies. And while their better then the oems. I feel like duratracs or ko2s are better for winter. Falken wild peak at3 I believe are snowflake rated. Woulda gotten but they didn't have the size and ply I wanted. Opted for ridges cause everyone and their friends has ko2s or duratracs.
Kyleorsini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 02:19 PM   #3

I'm not fond of the KO2s because of the issues they have demonstrated in balancing and tread separation. I do love the duratrac but the next step up in size would require an aftermarket rim with more offset and would also surpass the 35in diameter. I would love to go with a 34in tire but I'm hesitant because the Nittos lack the snow flake rating like the duratracs have.