Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-30-2022, 11:58 AM   #1

NSA Reay Brute modification to correct design error.

I applaud the simplicity and reliability of the NSA override braking system. No electronics, no machinery in either cab - - an elegant design and lower comparable cost. Easy to adjust and maintain.

But if you can't position the brake cable from the vehicle exit on the center line, the cable gets tighter turning one direction and looser turning the other. On my Ford Fusion Hybrid installation, with the recommended "2 inches of vertical slack" setting" it becomes 5 inches turning left an puts the brakes on while turning right. That means no braking available on left turns and unnecessary braking on right turns.

I'm going to make an elementary fix. I'm going to fabricate an L bracket with two holes. The first hole will allow it to be mounted under the head of the main rotation pivot bolt which is constant distance from the vehicle. The brake cable will pass through the second clearance hole so now the distance through the bracket to any point on the vehicle is always constant.
Ann-Marie is offline   Reply With Quote