Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-20-2017, 07:21 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwminnesota View Post
The only problem I have with the diesel is once I get to my Towing destination I can't get the big smile off my face and how enjoyable Drive I just had. It makes it a lot of fun and worry-free.
Just got my first diesel a month or so back, and I agree...the only bad part is when the driving is over! It's so nice, I even volunteered to tow my step-dad's tractor back home from NH last weekend (200 miles).

As for the OP's situation, I can see sticking with what he has and putting a few dollars into getting a bit more power out of it, because it's certainly not cheap to get into a current year truck.

Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:40 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force View Post
Just got my first diesel a month or so back, and I agree...the only bad part is when the driving is over! It's so nice, I even volunteered to tow my step-dad's tractor back home from NH last weekend (200 miles).

As for the OP's situation, I can see sticking with what he has and putting a few dollars into getting a bit more power out of it, because it's certainly not cheap to get into a current year truck.
you can buy ALLOT of gas for $50k-$70k....
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:03 AM   #43

Diesel.
cariboocreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:33 PM   #44

I agree that if you don’t tow much you don’t NEED a diesel, But no gas engine will ever compare to a modern diesel in terms of towing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Eagle HT 29.5BHDS -- 2011 F350 CCSB 4x4 PSD
repacs0103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:54 PM   #45

I think the decision depends a lot on what you plan on doing. If you are going to take long trips and tow your trailer significant distances then a diesel makes sense. however, if your towing consists of fairly short, undemanding distances then there may be no need to upgrade. All that said, the person who commented about getting the smile off his face has a point. On an emotional level a diesel is incredibly satisfying. On a rational level.... it depends. First world problems. You die at the end no matter what. Have a bit of fun along the way :-)
wcowan is offline   Reply With Quote