Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-31-2019, 12:14 PM   #1

Power trailer dollies

Hi Everyone, I recently purchased a new Jayco 29RKS to replace our 2009 28BH Glacier Edge. I am considering purchasing a "Parkit360" model 10K B3 trailer dollie to maneuver the new unit into place adjacent to a 30' long raised (34") deck. Does anyone have experience with these dollies and how did it work for you? Cheers, Rick
CBCOCRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 06:15 AM   #2

That sure could be handy in tight areas.

I could use something like that also because of the narrow space I have to get the trailer through but the problem is my driveway is on an incline.

Back in the late sixties my dad bought a "Mini Mover" to move his trailer.
We would just hook it up to the tongue, plug it in and move the trailer with ease.
mokurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 08:25 AM   #3

Hi Mokurt, They will move your TT up an incline. One of their Youtube videos shows one of their units moving what appears to be about a 30-32 foot TT up a 7% inclined driveway and then 90 degrees into a narrow storage area. I am 99% sure I will buy one. They are made in Ontario Canada (where I live) but the biggest bulk of their sales is in the US. I dis a lot of research into the many different products made and keep coming back to this one. They are spendy but appear to be worth the extra $. Go on line to Parkit360 and you can view all their units. I am looking at the 10K B3. The units mate with the trailer brakes so when you stop the movement it activates your electric trailer brakes. There are a lot of videos out there. Have fun. Thanks for the response. Rick Hallam,
Old 02-14-2020, 08:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCOCRBO View Post
Hi Everyone, I recently purchased a new Jayco 29RKS to replace our 2009 28BH Glacier Edge. I am considering purchasing a "Parkit360" model 10K B3 trailer dollie to maneuver the new unit into place adjacent to a 30' long raised (34") deck. Does anyone have experience with these dollies and how did it work for you? Cheers, Rick
I have a older parkit360 XL. It works great, slow but effective, works best on hard surfaces, I put turf tires on it because I park on crushed gravel. Mine is good for 9000 lbs, rated way more than I needed for my 5500 lb Trailer
Old 02-14-2020, 09:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCx213 View Post
I have a older parkit360 XL. It works great, slow but effective, works best on hard surfaces, I put turf tires on it because I park on crushed gravel. Mine is good for 9000 lbs, rated way more than I needed for my 5500 lb Trailer
Thanks much for your reply. I made the deal today as the company has a $200 price reduction Feb 13 thru Feb 18. Im getting the 10K B3 with the wider tires for use on gravel surface. I will only need it once but may be able to recover the sticker shock as several trailer owners that I know have asked if they can hire me to move their units at seasonal sites. So a win for me.
Cheers
Rick
Old 02-14-2020, 09:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCx213 View Post
BTW, I was raised in Langley. Langley BC. Went to LHS early '60's. Moved to Cranbrook in '78 then to NW Ontario in '98. Still have family in Langley. Mother, brother and sister.
Go Langley
Old 02-14-2020, 10:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCOCRBO View Post
BTW, I was raised in Langley. Langley BC. Went to LHS early '60's. Moved to Cranbrook in '78 then to NW Ontario in '98. Still have family in Langley. Mother, brother and sister.
Go Langley
Cool..I am a transplant to Langley, sold my house in Richmond and bought out in Upper Murrayville 7 yrs ago. Love the area we live in. Bought the 360 because I got a notice from the Township of the RV Bylaw for parking my trailer on the gravel pad beside my driveway. Thanks to a large tree owned my the Township, it made for a challenge to back my 8’ft wide travel trailer in a 8’6” wide spot beside my house. The 360 worked really well, helped a couple neighbours with theirs too.