Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-22-2018, 02:37 PM   #21
Site Team

On our rig, if the bathroom door will stay where you take your hand off it, it's level. I have levels all over the place but the one I look at is a 2' carpenters level in the storage bay, It agrees with the inside door.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:39 PM   #22

The drop on the draw bar provides for a level trailer while towing.

I have two levels, front to back and side to side, mounted on the frame to get close to level when parking and jacking, but it's not perfect. A torpedo level on the floor inside the door has the final say in both directions. So far the refrig runs well, the sinks drain, and the wife hasn't rolled off the bed in the midst of the night yet.

The level fits in a cubby right by the door that also contains lysol spray for the water hookup, a channel lock, power adapters, box of rubber gloves, and some other handy items that are nice to have easy access to.
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 05:14 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenne1713 View Post
may also need weight distribution hitch to level tow vehicle and control tongue weight.
You did not say what size truck (TV) you are towing with, but I've always
used a WDH on all my trailers, even the 23 foot unit from many years ago.
That would include the 27 foot TT and the 30 foot TT.

The short one was towed with a 2000 Dodge Dakota, 4.7 V8, 4x4 and the others with a 2004 Ford F350 diesel 4x4.

We have moved up to a 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel 4x4 and a 2018 Keystone
Cougar 30RLS 5th wheel trailer.
Old 08-22-2018, 07:26 PM   #24

I had this issue too. I would recommend purchasing a cheap stick-on level to put on the outside of the camper. Then get the rig perfectly level using a level on the interior floor. Position the stick-on level to the outside of the camper so it shows level. Then, you’ll know from the outside that the floor is level on the inside because they both will match. I did this and it worked great.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:49 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantupshift View Post
I have a Jayco X23B, 3
2018 model on a non WDH.

I had put a 6 inch magnetic level below the a frame under the propane tanks, adjusted my hitch got it level.

Drove to the camp grounds unhooked, leveled the same way.

Went inside and floor seemed off. Put a 4 foot carpenter's level down inside where I could see it from the doorway and found I was about a whole bubble off.

So I go back out front and re level using the electric jack to the floor inside. Looked under the front of the trailer a frame made sure it was smooth, found I was a bubble off, almost as if the A frame in front is tilted upwards a bit.

So question for having the trailer level while towing which do I level to? The front A frame or the cabin floor just before the front wheels?

Is this an issue or is there some give with the trailers and this isn't unexpected? Do I need to talk to my dealer?
i level the fridge cabinet.and also plumb the outside wall with a four foot level if you want to get picky.Level and plumb.....everything else follows.
trento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 01:16 PM   #26

Y'all making me sweat reading all this. I'm just going to hit auto level and get a cold one.
Old 08-25-2018, 09:33 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyDad View Post
that's genius, and just in case you really want to be prefect, you could try it again with a second can, and then a third, a fourth etc.
...and with every beer you remove from the fridge your balance will change so arises the need to perform the test again, and again, and again...
Mach1tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 09:59 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1tosh View Post
...and with every beer you remove from the fridge your balance will change so arises the need to perform the test again, and again, and again...
I don't know why but after too many beers the floor is no longer level.............but neither is what ever I'm walking on
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 11:32 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
Y'all making me sweat reading all this. I'm just going to hit auto level and get a cold one.
Cannon has the right idea........

X2
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 03:50 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1tosh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredLEO View Post
I don't know why but after too many beers the floor is no longer level.............but neither is what ever I'm walking on
It is possible to drink enough beers that I no longer care about how level the trailer is. It takes a lot of beers, but if I work hard, I can get there.
GrumpyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 08:56 PM   #31

Hear hear. Beer rolling is my new fine adjustment MO.
Swamp Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:45 AM   #32

Hit auto level once never look at again till we leave camp!Going to try beer on floor of camper to see how level we really are!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 02:26 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
I do the above first and if it doesn't work I resort to the next phase below....either way it is "cold one" intensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyDad View Post
It is possible to drink enough beers that I no longer care about how level the trailer is. It takes a lot of beers, but if I work hard, I can get there.
Watsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 05:12 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsons View Post
I do the above first and if it doesn't work I resort to the next phase below....either way it is "cold one" intensive