Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-27-2021, 01:06 PM   #1

Ram Trailer Surround Cameras - Option XN1

Specifically wondering if anyone has a Ram 2500 or 3500 with the XN1 option and your experience with it. My understanding is this option includes four add on trailer cameras and a control module to integrate in with the truck cameras for 360 surround truck/trailer. I don't see this option on the Ram website when building a truck. Also wondering about experience/satisfaction with other Ram trailering/camera options:

Digital rear view mirror - looks like this can added as an item (Option GRG) or as a package (Option AVF) which also includes Option XH7 (tow mode camera - wired).

Option XFQ - Mopar trailing camera wiring (no camera). Are aftermarket cameras compatible?

On the HDRams forum there is discussion about these options, but the thread is confusing - 12 pin connectors on bumper and in box, or not? Looking for input from someone who has the XN1 option on a truck and what other options are required for functionality. Thanks in advance.

2019 RAM 2500HD 6.7 Cummins
2021 Jayco Talon 335T
HecBec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 02:57 PM   #2

I test drove a 2500 Bighorn a week ago. It had the digital rear view mirror. My opinion it is a huge game changer, and is a must for a truck. The one I drove it was using the tail gate camera. On the forums, there appeared to be a lot of confusion on which camera it displayed (tailgate or bed camera).

This truck had a hardwire camera port on the bumper for a hardwired camera to be added to the rear of the trailer. As I understand it, it would automatically swap over to the trailer camer when in tow mode. The dealership did not know how many cameras it could support. As the 5ver we are looking at has 3 cameras on it.

Good luck, keep us up to date, as I too probably be ordering new TV (1 ton) in the near future.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 09:09 PM   #3

I have questions in to the local dealer on these options and will let you know what I find out.

2019 RAM 2500HD 6.7 Cummins
2021 Jayco Talon 335T
HecBec is offline   Reply With Quote