Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-06-2015, 04:22 PM   #1

Shredded connection cord + MOR/Ryde Pinbox adjustment?

2nd site setup with the new 5th wheel and somehow I managed to shred my electrical connection cord on the MOR/Ryde. It was about 180 miles from campground to campground but by the looks of the cord, I'm guessing the shred didn't happen until I arrived at the new site and parked - it looks fairly "fresh" and not like it was happening over a long distance.
The only thing I can think of is I was turning pretty sharp multiple times while parking and if you pull the cable up to the hitch, the shredded part lines up with the 'notch' in the hitch. I still can't figure out HOW it actually happened, as there's no way it got pinched and doesn't seem likely it would have gotten 'caught', so I'm really perplexed as to how it happened. I'm going to patch it up easy enough but I want to prevent it from happening again of course.
Any ideas?

Part 2 of my question: I'm not sure if the MOR/Ryde hitch is "adjusted" properly or if it's just me. I have a fairly heavy 5er (15Kish) pulling with a GMC 3500 Dually with a brand new B&W Companion hitch. It's a lot more 'jerky' than I was expecting, especially after hearing all the good stuff on the ride quality of a MOR/Ryde. I would think if there was any adjustment needed it would have been done prior to it getting pulled to my dealer from Jayco, and/or my dealer would have done whatever was needed. So is it just me and I'm expecting too much or are there adjustments that can be done to the hitch to improve ride quality?
Attached Thumbnails
20151006_173925.jpg  
freddirkse is offline   Reply With Quote