Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-05-2021, 11:36 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Sounds like my deal, I bought my 2017 with the Longhorn package in May, 2018. Last 2017 at the dealership. It listed for $69,690 and I paid $51,991. It had everything we wanted including the Aisin, sun roof & Alpine sound system.

LOL, all I knew that I couldn’t pay that I don’t need it the place I went at are known to take people. My granddaughter went to one of there lot and they try to take her to the cleaner I just wanted to test drive it.

Now I’m jealous I wish I can find a deal that I can only pay $51,991 you are bless sir but I will keep looking theirs a deal out there somewhere.

Thank you guys for your comments, I will keep you posted, I call Dave Smith and they said that they will get in contact with me, well that been about 4 days now.

I did got in touch with Dennis Dillion and talk to a salesman their and all they had was white, black, and silver he also told me that I can build one and that it will take 4 to 6 weeks. Theirs one out there for sure and hopefully I will have it.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 05:42 PM   #62

I just bought this 2019 GMC Sierra, $49K with the bumper, 61K miles on it, 1 owner. Flew down to Texas last Friday and drove it home. I put 6 new tires on it this morning, Falken Wildpeak AT3W add another $1300…
Attached Thumbnails
A14E3C5C-4344-47AE-9C3A-56EF5197F9BC.jpg   D9B4B9A3-EAE1-41A4-9C27-D7940B09EA94.jpg  
Old 09-22-2021, 07:23 AM   #63

That’s an amazing deal at this point in the game. Even if you didn’t like it you could sell it for same or more after a few weeks.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 07:57 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
I just bought this 2019 GMC Sierra, $49K with the bumper, 61K miles on it, 1 owner. Flew down to Texas last Friday and drove it home. I put 6 new tires on it this morning, Falken Wildpeak AT3W add another $1300…

Congrats! Wow that is a beast so how do you like it so far? I also was looking at the Falken Wildpeak I have being doing a search on these how do you like them?
Old 09-22-2021, 07:59 PM   #65

Well guys I'm also ready to put down some money one a 2022 Big Horn 3500 dually I just need to get with the dealer he said that it's not in the dealership yet but it's on the way, soon I might be getting it, I will keep you guys posted.
Old 09-22-2021, 08:18 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Congrats! Wow that is a beast so how do you like it so far? I also was looking at the Falken Wildpeak I have being doing a search on these how do you like them?
GMC: I actually towed for the first time today right around 19K trailer and loader. I have towed it before with my 99- F350, it handled it fine, but you definitely knew it was back there.
The GMC you never even know it was back there, better acceleration was smooth, I did have the tow haul button on but did not use the exhaust brake. No problem moving, passing cars, or stopping. Definitely impressive!

FALKEN TIRES:
The Falken Wildpeak AT3W have been outstanding! I actually ran them on my
F350 Dually 2WD… I had regeared it and added a TruTrac that combination was impressive! Since it was a 2WD truck let me start with traction…
Traction was never a problem, in fact I tested that combination of tires and TruTrac on some hills here in Colorado. I would get pointed straight up the hill, stop the truck, and then slowly accelerate with the intention of being able to get moving again. One wheel with slip just a tad, the locker would kick in and all four tires walked me right up the hill. I ran the same tire on the front end and I could always turn in snow or slush. Wet roads were never a problem either.

Towing manners: they are solid tire, I tow extremely heavy, There was never any squirming. The tires have a solid sidewall, and they hook up on just about everything. There are a very quiet tire, no road noise at all. Up until the accident on my Ford, I had about 28,000 miles on them and they still looked new!

DISCOUNT had them at $230 a tire for 235/80/17‘s and I found another website that had them for $196. dISCOUNT matched the price and I ordered them. I actually tried to find that tire in a size it would fit my Subaru but it was not available.
Old 09-22-2021, 08:45 PM   #67

Quote:
GMC: I actually towed for the first time today right around 19K trailer and loader. I have towed it before with my 99- F350, it handled it fine, but you definitely knew it was back there.
The GMC you never even know it was back there, better acceleration was smooth, I did have the tow haul button on but did not use the exhaust brake. No problem moving, passing cars, or stopping. Definitely impressive!

FALKEN TIRES:
F350 Dually 2WD… I had regeared it and added a TruTrac that combination was impressive! Since it was a 2WD truck let me start with traction…
Traction was never a problem, in fact I tested that combination of tires and TruTrac on some hills here in Colorado. I would get pointed straight up the hill, stop the truck, and then slowly accelerate with the intention of being able to get moving again. One wheel with slip just a tad, the locker would kick in and all four tires walked me right up the hill. I ran the same tire on the front end and I could always turn in snow or slush. Wet roads were never a problem either.

Towing manners: they are solid tire, I tow extremely heavy, There was never any squirming. The tires have a solid sidewall, and they hook up on just about everything. There are a very quiet tire, no road noise at all. Up until the accident on my Ford, I had about 28,000 miles on them and they still looked new!

DISCOUNT had them at $230 a tire for 235/80/17‘s and I found another website that had them for $196. dISCOUNT matched the price and I ordered them. I actually tried to find that tire in a size it would fit my Subaru but it was not available.

This is great to hear, I have the Cooper Discovery XLT A/T3 I was about the get them for my next tire but now I will hold off to see when the dually that I've being looking at, I could get them on the dually those.

So have you lost any mileage with the Falken for what I understand that the Falken are a few lbs heavier than the Cooper? I really like the Falken on how they look. Do you have any more pics close up with the tires on your dually? I'm a retired military so if I go with the Falken I will able to get a discount, I can with the Cooper when I go to discount tire to have my wheel change back to stock before I trade my ram in I might ask them.
Old 09-23-2021, 08:43 PM   #68

Quote:
This is great to hear, I have the Cooper Discovery XLT A/T3 I was about the get them for my next tire but now I will hold off to see when the dually that I've being looking at, I could get them on the dually those.

So have you lost any mileage with the Falken for what I understand that the Falken are a few lbs heavier than the Cooper? I really like the Falken on how they look. Do you have any more pics close up with the tires on your dually? I'm a retired military so if I go with the Falken I will able to get a discount, I can with the Cooper when I go to discount tire to have my wheel change back to stock before I trade my ram in I might ask them.
I’ll snag you some pictures tomorrow.
Old 09-26-2021, 02:30 PM   #69

Quote:

Here’s some pictures of the tires up close and on the truck…
Attached Thumbnails
A970ACA6-520F-4A2F-A01B-9E522AA4A740.jpg   F26FE31F-107B-48AB-99BF-1C9D4218E227.jpg   3E71D350-F01B-4DB6-B6D4-7EF4B32EA599.jpg   8648FF9E-B898-43C0-9AD7-DC33CDEA38A0.jpg   2D41633C-7880-4037-8610-80249429DB43.jpg  

Old 09-26-2021, 03:51 PM   #70

Those look good thank you.
Old 09-28-2021, 06:49 PM   #71

Send a message via AIM to JeremiahM Send a message via MSN to JeremiahM
Quote:

FALKEN TIRES:

I hope the GMC does better, it's far newer! I know you were just mentioning it, but that's and apples to oranges comparison. Good looking GMC though!
Old 09-29-2021, 08:35 PM   #72

Well guys things have change I will be keeping my truck for now the wife love what I have but she did said that I can get it if I want it so I decided to keep it and add a Titan 52 gals fuel tank to my truck I just added a set of brand new Cooper Discover a/t's lll.

I figure that I can keep it a few more years and trade it in but the tank is going to be a good mod to the truck. Thank everyone for your comments I appreciate it.
Old 09-30-2021, 08:14 AM   #73

Quote:
Well guys things have change I will be keeping my truck for now the wife love what I have but she did said that I can get it if I want it so I decided to keep it and add a Titan 52 gals fuel tank to my truck I just added a set of brand new Cooper Discover a/t's lll.

I figure that I can keep it a few more years and trade it in but the tank is going to be a good mod to the truck. Thank everyone for your comments I appreciate it.
Good move Big1...........you'll really like the auxiliary tank. I never have to stop for fuel in route. You'll save $$$ also because fuel is a lot less off the major freeways.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote