Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-05-2011, 09:05 PM   #11

Is there any difference in ride quality in a dually vs. a SRW that you guys have noticed? I heard someone say that their dually had a smoother ride than the SRW.

rvrev2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:43 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrev2 View Post
Is there any difference in ride quality in a dually vs. a SRW that you guys have noticed? I heard someone say that their dually had a smoother ride than the SRW.
our only dually was a 1989 Ford ,had a very hard ride but we kept it from 89 to 96 & thats when I went back to GM.

poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:02 AM   #13

I have an 03 F350 Dually with the 6.0 PS and have to say she is very stable even with cross winds while towing. Fuel mileage is slightly less than a comparable SRW maybe 1-1.5MPG and that's debatable due to driving conditions and load conditions. Yes you do have two extra tires to replace but your rear axel is a lot heavier and more stable. Also if you get a blow out you still can make it to a safe location to change your tire while not loosing your stability with your load. Last trip in the mountains and through stop and go traffic was 12 MPG towing. I have a 4" turbo back exhaust mod which gives me 2 MPG better towing and local driving. Yes the ride can be rough when not under load but when I'm towing my rig I am in complete control and assured that my family is safe if I get a blowout under the load. Turning radius is the same as SRW just you have the extra width to deal with so I get a little more execise walking to the store fronts.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote