Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-06-2017, 03:30 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawasteve View Post
The good news is that 100 lbs of beer in the fridge will add less than 12 lbs at 12% tonque weight which should be significantly reduced for the return trip home !
I put my beer in the outside refrigerator which is in the back of the trailer, so it works in reverse for me.
2016 Sunset Trail Super Lite ST250RB for sale
Next unit: Jayco Eagle 336fbok
FishAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 04:35 PM   #22

I'll just stick to 5ths of makers mark, finest KY bourbon made and skip the beer that'll help the Weight issue lmao.

Thank you all for the responses I truly believe smart packing, cat scale, and careful driving I'm gonna be just fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Hiserman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:52 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyExpress View Post
sennister, I read your post rather quickly but I think you forgot to mention beer! It can be heavy and should be taken into account.
I knew I was forgetting something this weekend. I better run out and load the fridge up.... Unfortunately the trip this weekend is to a county park which is dry. No rain in the forecast (good) and no beer in the fridge (bad). Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawasteve View Post
The good news is that 100 lbs of beer in the fridge will add less than 12 lbs at 12% tonque weight which should be significantly reduced for the return trip home !
This is very true. The fridge seems to be mounted roughly over the axles (at least on my camper) for this very reason!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishAr View Post
I put my beer in the outside refrigerator which is in the back of the trailer, so it works in reverse for me.
I get it but that is one thing I was dissapointed in. I love that outdoor fridge but it is 110V Only and we often camp with no hookups so that means it is just a storage box...
Old 06-06-2017, 08:54 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiserman79 View Post
I'll just stick to 5ths of makers mark, finest KY bourbon made and skip the beer that'll help the Weight issue lmao.

Thank you all for the responses I truly believe smart packing, cat scale, and careful driving I'm gonna be just fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
It doesn't help me much though. I am a homebrewer and I have a couple beers that I make with Makers Mark. Soak some oak chips or vanilla beans in some MM for a couple weeks and add that to a good Russian Imperial Stout in secondary fermentation. Simply wonderful. On that note I need another tasty beverage...
Old 06-07-2017, 08:13 PM   #25

best direction with elevation

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this in but I was wondering if anyone had some input on which way i should go. I am traveling from Abilene Texas to Kingman Arizona, thought about going i10 but the wife wants to go through Albuquerque. Which way would have less up and down in the mountains? I have the 2017 Jayco Jayflight SLX 284BHSW and my truck tows it great but the up and down not so much, it is a 2015 Chevy silverado 1500.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote