Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-07-2014, 08:23 PM   #51

towing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbhybrid View Post
it is a convenience only....how much trailer are you towing?

if you like an integrated brake controller it is the way to go.

The rear diff is nice, the cooler can be added quite cheap.

23RB, thanks

rickfriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:29 PM   #52

towing package

Yes that was it 2,095.00 for the max towing package for a 5.3 crew with short box. Thanks

rickfriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:31 PM   #53
Lost in the Woods

It depends on what your plans are for the truck. This trailer wouldn't require the extras but if you plan on keeping the truck and perhaps trade trailers you may want it later.

It also would help in resale. you wouldn't recoup the 2000 but it may make your truck more desirable to a buyer
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 06:53 AM   #54

I have a different thought than some of the comments on here. I can't speak of the integrated brake controller, because my truck is 10 years old. I thought it was great that all I had to do was plug in my brake controller and it's ready to roll. The enhanced cooling is something, IMHO, that is a must have. Basically, it adds an external transmission cooler and fan. The transmission is probably the weakest part of the drive train, and it's necessary to keep it from overheating. You are going to have to have the 2" hitch and the 7 pin connector. The last time I had a 7 pin connector put in and wired, on a GMC Sonoma, it took them about 2 hours to wire it in.
That's my opinion, take it for what it's worth.
Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:13 AM   #55
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
I have a different thought than some of the comments on here. I can't speak of the integrated brake controller, because my truck is 10 years old. I thought it was great that all I had to do was plug in my brake controller and it's ready to roll. The enhanced cooling is something, IMHO, that is a must have. Basically, it adds an external transmission cooler and fan. The transmission is probably the weakest part of the drive train, and it's necessary to keep it from overheating. You are going to have to have the 2" hitch and the 7 pin connector. The last time I had a 7 pin connector put in and wired, on a GMC Sonoma, it took them about 2 hours to wire it in.
That's my opinion, take it for what it's worth.
I do not believe the package includes an "external" cooler for the trans...most do not and I have never seen a dedicated tranny cooler fan.

It is simply a larger capacity cooling through the radiator. An external cooler can be added for 150 dollars.
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:19 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbhybrid View Post
I do not believe the package includes an "external" cooler for the trans...most do not and I have never seen a dedicated tranny cooler fan.

It is simply a larger capacity cooling through the radiator. An external cooler can be added for 150 dollars.
That's exactly what the enhanced cooling is. And an axillary cooler can be done for less than that even, if you are comfortable with DIY.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:44 AM   #57

I've got the P3 on my Ridgeline, was quite happy with how it worked stopping the 23B on the way home from the dealer.

Even better once I found the open space required to really dial it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redenbacher View Post
Speaking of integrated trailer brake, that thing is awesome! My old Ridgeline had one I bought from the trailer dealer as an aftermarket and I was constantly fiddling with it. It would either lock the tires or give me the willies coming up to a stop. The integrated brake on the GMC is a no brainer. I can set it and look at the dashboard and see exactly how much trailer brakes are working when I am stopping. It is easy to tell when I need to move it up or down.
charles_cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 10:54 AM   #58

Looks like yours and mine would be similar. I have the 5.3L crew 4WD with the short box. I have the max trailering pkg because of my 7500 lb GVWR. Enjoy your rig. You'll love the Sierra!
redenbacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:18 PM   #59

Looking for some assistance. I have a 2012 Ford F 150 3.7L V6 Crew Cab and asking what travel trailer can I pull. Looking at the Jayco TT.

Thansk
Kings28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 04:19 AM   #60
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings28 View Post
Looking for some assistance. I have a 2012 Ford F 150 3.7L V6 Crew Cab and asking what travel trailer can I pull. Looking at the Jayco TT.

Thansk
Welcome to the forum. You will get a better response if you open a new thread in the Towing and Tow Vehicles forum.

Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote