Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-12-2020, 06:33 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
There's no lock made that will prevent someone from taking a trailer or an RV, if they really want it. Slowing them down helps though. That's why I went with the GPS tracker and good insurance.
But he doesn't want to pay 20 or 25 dollars a month to monitor it
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 06:43 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berjr View Post
I have thought of this as there are cellular cameras out there that will text and call you with photos. There are even game cameras that will do the same thing. I think what i need is just a compact quality home alarm system. Something that is very loud and will cause the perp to run off.
I just thought, get a camera that also has night vision, mount it in the trailer. Use your smartphone to create a wifi hotspot to connect the camera to. Any movement will make the camera send you an alert and record the event, it will all be on your phone. A Desert Eagle will help subdue them till the police arrive.
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 06:51 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
But he doesn't want to pay 20 or 25 dollars a month to monitor it
Let's see.... a $25,000 investment and a person doesn't want to pay $25 a month to protect and track it? OK fine with me.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:06 PM   #24

Find the YouTube video from Gonagain
He has some suggestions
Builder Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:21 AM   #25

I'm living full time in my TT while I'm converting a barn on my property into a home. No power and no phone/internet reception at this time. However, I have two German Shepherd dogs that stay in my trailer while I'm out and about. I feed them once a week whether they're hungry or not.
Old 02-13-2020, 11:33 AM   #26

just put a note on the inside.. if you steal this please make sure you destroy it until there is nothing left of it, sell everything and don't let me find you.. I am just going to call my insurance agent (premium boy) and get a check and buy all new stuff.. thanks for your time!
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:34 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercman View Post
I'm living full time in my TT while I'm converting a barn on my property into a home. No power and no phone/internet reception at this time. However, I have two German Shepherd dogs that stay in my trailer while I'm out and about. I feed them once a week whether they're hungry or not.
you need an achbach
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:37 AM   #28

My insurance company won't pay for what I've spent on it. Spend $25k and get around 12k back. My insurance co doesn't offer full replacement value for what it cost new.