Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-30-2013, 12:49 PM   #21

I'm on my second set of Cooper Dicoverer LT's, 50k out of the first set.(f250)
1 wife
2 spoiled cihuahua's
rugerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by David472 View Post
Some may not agree with this, but, if you've been happy with P rated tires, you may take your rig to the CAT scale. Knowing the actual load on your TV tires, and looking at the weight rating for the P tires, will help in the decision. I found there is an improvement in lateral stability with E rated tires, but if you only tow for 2-3 weeks a year, IMHO the P tires will be fine as long as you stay within the weight ratings. As for gas mileage, I didn't notice any difference between the P type and LT / E rated type.
Thanks for the info. I'm likely going to wait till spring before getting new tires but will keep what you said in mind.

I did find a set of Cooper Discoverer AT's that are rated as C load LT's. The load rating is 116 whereas a set on Michelin P rated LTX M/S 2's have a load rating of 114, so not much difference according to that, but would the sidewalls be stiffer in the Cooper's being they are C rated LT's?
teevman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by teevman View Post
I did find a set of Cooper Discoverer AT's that are rated as C load LT's. The load rating is 116 whereas a set on Michelin P rated LTX M/S 2's have a load rating of 114, so not much difference according to that, but would the sidewalls be stiffer in the Cooper's being they are C rated LT's?
Simply put, 'E' are more stiff than 'D' which are more stiff than 'C'.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #24

Keep in mind that the softer the sidewall, the more they flex the hotter the tire gets. Overheated tire = BOOM! If you're towing, don't skimp. Figure out what you need then step up one or two grades. At the end of the day, you'll rest easier.
mtelkhntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #25

Has anyone put the Nokian Rotiiva AT on their F250? Local tire chain store says the owners are using them on their own vehicles.