Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-09-2016, 07:03 AM   #1041

I had to fill up the fuel tank - 42 gallons of diesel.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:14 AM   #1042

Oil change and filter.

Reset the service reminder.

Didn't grease up the interior this time.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 11:18 AM   #1043

I'm at Discount Tire right now, having my new tires (2 weeks old) replaced with a different set. The set being removed (Cooper Discoverer HTP's) have given me nothing but problems towing- they just don't track true down the road. I'm going back to the stock tires- Goodyear SR-A "P" rated tires. Never had a problem with the last two sets I had.

Discount Tire is making it an even swap, even though the Goodyears cost a little more. Plus, they are installing the new TPMS sensor I bought on Amazon, no charge.

Go to Discount Tire. It's a great business.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 02:16 PM   #1044

I just drove my truck home with the new Goodyear SR-A tires. Even not pulling the trailer, it tracks beautifully down the road. I can position the steering wheel, let go of it, and it will keep it's course flawlessly. New TPMS sensors I bought on Amazon for $30 bucks work flawlessly, too. It's been a great day!

Not only that, but on the way back, I stopped at a farmstand and bought a big ol' Crimson Sweet seeded watermelon. I ate 1/3 of the sucker for lunch, and it was good!
Old 08-10-2016, 07:25 AM   #1045

I learned that my new Goodyear tires had a rebate offer connected when purchasing 4 tires. I just filled out the online rebate application, and was approved for a $70 rebate. That makes the new tires cost only $143.50 each. Sweet!
Old 08-10-2016, 10:22 AM   #1046

What did you do to your Tow Vehicle today?

Why did you go with "P" rated tires rather than LT tires? Not a smart ... question, but it seems to me that most folks on here swear by LT tires over "P" rated tires.
2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 EXP
2008 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 05:41 AM   #1047

Had a K&N cold air intake kit installed. Had the original 100,000 mile plugs and wires swapped out. (Truck has 120,000 on the clock). Mechanic also installed new drivers side exhaust manifold... Some loose studs.

Craig Bailey
New England
2007 Chevy 2500HD crew
2015 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:21 PM   #1048

Quote:
Originally Posted by jal0710 View Post
Why did you go with "P" rated tires rather than LT tires? Not a smart ... question, but it seems to me that most folks on here swear by LT tires over "P" rated tires.
P rated tires were OEM equipped on the truck from the factory, and they worked really well with the truck. My second set was identical to the factory tires. I also thought going to LT tires would be a smart move, but it just wasn't so.

I towed my TT a couple hundred miles today, and the replacement OEM Goodyears did a great job. Towing was a pleasure, and not a white knuckled stressful situation that I got with the LT tires.

The tech at Discount Tire thought that maybe the LT tires were defective, out of round maybe. All I know is that my truck tows well with the OEM tires, and they can handle the load, so I'll never mod/upgrade its tires again.

More info about my tires in this thread:
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f2...tml#post435210
Old 08-12-2016, 05:44 AM   #1049

Installed a Joying Android radio in the dash a couple weeks ago. It is awesome.

TV = 2006 F-350 CC DRW 6.0
TT = 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
TT = 2007 Jayco Jay Flight 27bh - SOLD
Macrosill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 05:50 PM   #1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrosill View Post
Installed a Joying Android radio in the dash a couple weeks ago. It is awesome.

Did the same thing to my truck a little while back. Love the built in torque app!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 05:57 PM   #1051

Airbags!! Looking forward to testing them out with the second home hooked up

2005 Forest River Rockwood 2601 (Sold)
2011 Ford Expedition XLT (Sold)
2008 Jeep Wrangler (Just for fun!)
Nukeneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:11 PM   #1052

Thought about trading the 15 duramax for a 17 6.2 Denali

-Til' Valhalla...Dysfunctional Veteran
Old 08-12-2016, 10:43 PM   #1053

Hitched up the camper and spent 4 hours towing it 120 miles to the coast. I hate leaving town on a Friday afternoon.....
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:41 PM   #1054

Ordered Fox 2.0 IFP all the way around on the duramax

Old 08-14-2016, 07:31 AM   #1055

Well I stripped all the mods I could off my 14 Pro-4X because I am trading her in this week. I cannot deal with the 8mpg hauling a 6,000lb travel trailer, as that really limits us on taking any camping trips over a few hours away. I don't mind the 14-15 mpg when unloaded, I mean I knew that was coming when I bought this, my second Pro-4X Titan. I also cannot deal with the 1700lbs of payload, as we are buying a golf cart that I need to haul in the bed when pulling the travel trailer.

I am trading in for a new F150 with the 3.5L Ecoboost. The towing capacity is 2600lbs more than the Titan (11,900lbs) , which I won't use (as we are not trading in our camper for a new or bigger one), but more importantly I am getting about 800lbs more payload capacity (payload capacity is 2,660lbs) , which will be more than sufficient for the cart in the bed after hooking up trailer and loading the family in and filling up with gas. Also, the gas mileage is a huge benefit. Without the travel trailer all my reading and research and test drives show I will get about 20 mpg, maybe better, however, when towing the travel trailer and cart, Others I have read and spoke too that have this 3.5 average 12 to 15 mpg when hauling, and that's much more acceptable than the 7.5-8.5 I get from the T. This to me was the best the decision, as I refuse to buy a Chevy (I have a 2016 Silverado, company truck, that I drive during the week), I cannot stand the lack of quality in dodges. I gave the new XD a lot of consideration until I realized the new XD has a lesser payload than my current 2014. The new tundra's were in the same boat as far as not getting good mpg when towing so I scratched that one and really was only left with Ford. At first I was looking at F250 with diesel, however after talking to several people who either have or have had the 150 with Ecoboost I started looking at those since they have the capacity to do what I am looking for he truck to do.

Now! I am just waiting on the truck to arrive at the stealership from the factory, which should be this week sometime.

Here's a pic of the new tow vehicle! 2016 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost Supercrew XLT Sport, loaded with all the creature comforts that my Titan doesn't have (sync 3 with apply car play, 8 inch touch screen, remote start, extended range fuel tank, LED lighting in the bed, etc...) comes with 6 speed selectshift Transmission. Also Has Max Tow Package and pro-trailer assist, color is Magnetic Gray with all Black Interior.
Attached Thumbnails
image.png  
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 07:43 AM   #1056

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
Well I stripped all the mods I could off my 14 Pro-4X because I am trading her in this week. I cannot deal with the 8mpg hauling a 6,000lb travel trailer, as that really limits us on taking any camping trips over a few hours away. I don't mind the 14-15 mpg when unloaded, I mean I knew that was coming when I bought this, my second Pro-4X Titan. I also cannot deal with the 1700lbs of payload, as we are buying a golf cart that I need to haul in the bed when pulling the travel trailer.

I am trading in for a new F150 with the 3.5L Ecoboost. The towing capacity is 2600lbs more than the Titan (11,900lbs) , which I won't use (as we are not trading in our camper for a new or bigger one), but more importantly I am getting about 800lbs more payload capacity (payload capacity is 2,660lbs) , which will be more than sufficient for the cart in the bed after hooking up trailer and loading the family in and filling up with gas. Also, the gas mileage is a huge benefit. Without the travel trailer all my reading and research and test drives show I will get about 20 mpg, maybe better, however, when towing the travel trailer and cart, Others I have read and spoke too that have this 3.5 average 12 to 15 mpg when hauling, and that's much more acceptable than the 7.5-8.5 I get from the T. This to me was the best the decision, as I refuse to buy a Chevy (I have a 2016 Silverado, company truck, that I drive during the week), I cannot stand the lack of quality in dodges. I gave the new XD a lot of consideration until I realized the new XD has a lesser payload than my current 2014. The new tundra's were in the same boat as far as not getting good mpg when towing so I scratched that one and really was only left with Ford. At first I was looking at F250 with diesel, however after talking to several people who either have or have had the 150 with Ecoboost I started looking at those since they have the capacity to do what I am looking for he truck to do.

Now! I am just waiting on the truck to arrive at the stealership from the factory, which should be this week sometime.

Here's a pic of the new tow vehicle! 2016 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost Supercrew XLT Sport, loaded with all the creature comforts that my Titan doesn't have (sync 3 with apply car play, 8 inch touch screen, remote start, extended range fuel tank, LED lighting in the bed, etc...) comes with 6 speed selectshift Transmission. Also Has Max Tow Package and pro-trailer assist, color is Magnetic Gray with all Black Interior.

No Chevy. Why is that? I'm biased of course but the Chevy has historically offered more consistent towing MPG than the ecoboost.

Either way I support your decision. Glad you are getting something you like. Post it up when you get it.

Happy towing

Old 08-14-2016, 07:48 AM   #1057

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtEmaxChvy View Post
No Chevy. Why is that? I'm biased of course but the Chevy has historically offered more consistent towing MPG than the ecoboost.

Either way I support your decision. Glad you are getting something you like. Post it up when you get it.

Happy towing

I have a 2016 Chevy Silverado that I got when I took a new job in February this year. It was brand new delivered to me shortly after starting. I am just not impressed with the quality of the interior, they comfort of the seats (it's not the work truck model either). And just all around quality of it does not impress me. Lastly, the payload of the Silverado won't allow for me to safely wishin limits put a golf cart in the bed while towing the travel trailer, as its payload is maxed at 1900lbs. This is the main reason for the trade in. I did talk to a guy last week at disney's ft wilderness who was towing a trailer similar to ours with his brand new Silverado 1500 and he was very pleased with the way it towed and gas mileage. I guess I am just a bit biased towards the F150, as prior to my titans I was a ford guy.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:01 AM   #1058

Got Cooper S/T Maxx E-rated tires installed on the FJ Cruiser on Friday. Also completed install of an ARB on-board air compressor and Air lift 1000 rear air bags. As soon as the Andersen hitch arrives tomorrow we should be ready to tow.
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:04 AM   #1059

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
I have a 2016 Chevy Silverado that I got when I took a new job in February this year. It was brand new delivered to me shortly after starting. I am just not impressed with the quality of the interior, they comfort of the seats (it's not the work truck model either). And just all around quality of it does not impress me. Lastly, the payload of the Silverado won't allow for me to safely wishin limits put a golf cart in the bed while towing the travel trailer, as its payload is maxed at 1900lbs. This is the main reason for the trade in. I did talk to a guy last week at disney's ft wilderness who was towing a trailer similar to ours with his brand new Silverado 1500 and he was very pleased with the way it towed and gas mileage. I guess I am just a bit biased towards the F150, as prior to my titans I was a ford guy.

Nothing wrong with that bud. Post pics when you get it. Maybe start a thread on the new ecoboost and your experiences with it.

Old 08-14-2016, 03:14 PM   #1060

[QUOTE=Steven;438224 2016 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost Supercrew XLT Sport, loaded with all the creature comforts that my Titan doesn't have (sync 3 with apply car play, 8 inch touch screen, remote start, extended range fuel tank, LED lighting in the bed, etc...) comes with 6 speed selectshift Transmission. [/QUOTE]

The 16's do not come with the software for car play or Android Auto. We have all been anxiously awaiting a software push that was supposed to be rolled out already. Only the 2017's are good to go as of now.

My current truck is my first Ecoboost as I've always been a V-8 guy and I am amazed at the power it's got. Just a quick heads up though. It has an adaptive learning TCM (transmission) and until you put about 100 or so towing miles on her your mileage is likely to suck. Mine was between 8 and 9. I have about 800 miles since June and my mileage is about 12 - 14 towing my almost 8,000 lb trailer.

Good luck with the new F150. I've been a Ford guy my whole life...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote