Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-02-2015, 09:24 PM   #71
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Home
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarray View Post
mine is 27??, just looked today and forget.
2761
__________________

sugarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 06:54 AM   #72
Senior Member
 
Paintinfool3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Fort Wayne
Posts: 1,272
Well I wonder if it gets added into the equation when a truck has been done by a conversion company like Centaurus .... I don't know what extra weight gets added but I am sure it is some and mine just has the factory sticker in the door. Did the factory make these stickers knowing it was going to a conversion company and accounting for the added weight to be installed by them?
__________________

__________________
2011 F250 King Ranch Crew Cab Diesel , 2015 Jayco Eagle 338 rets
Paintinfool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:21 AM   #73
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Missouri City, The Republic of Texas
Posts: 3,007
I think the sticker represents the vehicle when the manufacturer is done with it.
__________________
Cheers,
T_

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:29 AM   #74
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
I think the sticker represents the vehicle when the manufacturer is done with it.
That is my understanding as well
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:39 AM   #75
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Kelowna, BC Canada
Posts: 215
My 2007 Silverado 3500HD SRW XC LB is rated by door sticker for 3742LBS. i find it adequate for all of our toys. tiz a 6.0 gasser, and performs very well.
__________________
'07 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD XC LB SRW 4X2.
Powerstop Brakes on all corners.
'15 JayFlight 28BHBE Elite Fibreglass
Andersen Hitch.
'07 Northern Lite 10-2RR Camper.
SuperSprings.
Northern Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:51 AM   #76
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Calgary
Posts: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintinfool3 View Post
Well I wonder if it gets added into the equation when a truck has been done by a conversion company like Centaurus .... I don't know what extra weight gets added but I am sure it is some and mine just has the factory sticker in the door. Did the factory make these stickers knowing it was going to a conversion company and accounting for the added weight to be installed by them?
The sticker will represent the payload as the truck is weighed after it rolls off the assembly line. You would have to weigh your truck to get an accurate number for your remaining payload after the additions.

Even my truck is down from the doorjamb sticker a couple hundred pounds after it gets the usual treatment of undercoating, spray in bedliner, and toneau cover. Dealer added vs factory added options will also reduce payload.

I find it very interesting how big the range of payload is for all these trucks. I bet a lot of the 3/4 ton diesels pulling a big 5th wheel are overloaded a fair bit.

Cheers
__________________
2014 Jayco Swift 281BHS, 300W Solar!
2015 F250 XLT 4x4 Crew Cab, Short box, 6.2 gas
Subaru297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:22 PM   #77
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Salem
Posts: 324
3/4 ton trucks may be over the GVW but most aren't over the RAWR. That's the thing with 3/4 ton compared to 1/2 ton. When a 1/2 ton reaches GVW it's usually at RAWR too and vice versa. With 3/4 tons you can hit the GVW pretty quickly with a 5th wheel but still have quite a bit left on RAWR. It just depends on how you play the game.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:58 PM   #78
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Portland
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks View Post
3/4 ton trucks may be over the GVW but most aren't over the RAWR. That's the thing with 3/4 ton compared to 1/2 ton. When a 1/2 ton reaches GVW it's usually at RAWR too and vice versa. With 3/4 tons you can hit the GVW pretty quickly with a 5th wheel but still have quite a bit left on RAWR. It just depends on how you play the game.

That is a good point. It's pretty ridiculous that it has to be so complicated. However, I was just looking at the specs for Ram Trucks. A 2500 Crew Cab Long Bed has a rear GAWR of 6,200lbs. The empty weight on the rear axle is 4,000lb so that only leaves 2,200lbs to max out the axle. Payload capacity is approx 2,000lb. So it's not all that much better than a 150. Stepping up to a 3500 is where the difference is really big.
__________________
2016 23MBH Elite
2014 F150 SCREW LB Ecoboost
blderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:46 PM   #79
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Salem
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by blderman View Post
That is a good point. It's pretty ridiculous that it has to be so complicated. However, I was just looking at the specs for Ram Trucks. A 2500 Crew Cab Long Bed has a rear GAWR of 6,200lbs. The empty weight on the rear axle is 4,000lb so that only leaves 2,200lbs to max out the axle. Payload capacity is approx 2,000lb. So it's not all that much better than a 150. Stepping up to a 3500 is where the difference is really big.
Wrong on the empty rear weight. It's between 2850-3000lbs. My 12 2500 CTD is right at 2950lbs with the B&W 5th hitch in and 1/2 tank of diesel. Not sure where you're getting the 4000lb empty stuff.

Read here.

http://www.ramtrucks.com/assets/towi...ing_charts.pdf
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:16 PM   #80
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Portland
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks View Post
Wrong on the empty rear weight. It's between 2850-3000lbs. My 12 2500 CTD is right at 2950lbs with the B&W 5th hitch in and 1/2 tank of diesel. Not sure where you're getting the 4000lb empty stuff.

Read here.

http://www.ramtrucks.com/assets/towi...ing_charts.pdf


Cause I've owned (2) Ram 2500 now and they both were 3800-4,000lb empty on the rear axle. Not sure why yours is so light.
__________________

__________________
2016 23MBH Elite
2014 F150 SCREW LB Ecoboost
blderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.