Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-12-2015, 04:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobx2 View Post
It is the responsibility of the consumer to educate themselves before making a purchase. It is not up to the sales people, or dealer, to try and educate you. They are there to make a living selling RV's, not to hold your hand and give you an education.
When you are getting ready to drop $50k or more, isn't it worth spending a day or two educating yourself first? If you don't, then shame on you.

I agree with this. I am amazed at the large purchases people will make without doing their own research first.

The salesmen will always tell you that you can pull anything with anything.

etex211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 04:34 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobx2 View Post
It is the responsibility of the consumer to educate themselves before making a purchase. It is not up to the sales people, or dealer, to try and educate you. They are there to make a living selling RV's, not to hold your hand and give you an education. You can't expect them to know the numbers on all the TV's, and their ever changing tow ratings. It's your vehicle, not theirs. You need to know what your vehicle is capable of towing.
When you are getting ready to drop $50k or more, isn't it worth spending a day or two educating yourself first? If you don't, then shame on you. I know this sounds harsh, but sometimes, it really is our fault...
Of course, and personally I did. I still hold to that they do have a basic responsibility to understand how to figure out tow ratings and not sell something too big. How hard is it to look at the potential buyers sticker on their TV?

The reality is most people don't do their due diligence and therefore put others lives at risk.

I "thought" I understood when we rented and later found out after researching purchasing our own that we were way over weight.

They do this for a living for goodness sakes. They should know, period.

Previous TV: 2004 Ford Exedition w/ heavy duty tow package[/COLOR]
Country_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by etex211 View Post
I agree with this. I am amazed at the large purchases people will make without doing their own research first.

The salesmen will always tell you that you can pull anything with anything.

An ethical sales person should welcome the opportunity to educate a consumer as a means of earning the sale. I don't disagree that a consumer should also do what they can to learn on their own but at the same time not all consumers know what questions to ask on all topics as they have probably learned what the learned on the internet...which can have many opinions on the same things. The salesperson should be able to bring it all together and separate fact from fiction. A sales person saying I don't know (but you can check here) is much better than giving out false positives.

loansinpa is offline   Reply With Quote