Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-10-2020, 11:44 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Fountain Valley
Posts: 6
16XRB - anyone upgrade to a 32" TV?

Looking to purchase a 2017 16XRB and it comes with a 24" but I would like to see if anyone has managed to add a 32" - want to get a ROKU TV for simplicity. I have found a swing arm mount with 2x mounts on Amazon for inside/outside, just wondering if anyone has done this?

Thank you in advance.
__________________

Daveinfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:53 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: SIGNAL MOUNTAIN
Posts: 20
We have a 2018 16XRB and it didn't come with a TV, but it did come with the exterior mount. I bought a 32" Vizio smart TV and mounted it on the side of the upper cabinet above the dinette. This make it viewable form the front bunk, dinette and couch, which is where the kids sleep and hangout.
__________________

adamdsgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 10:35 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Fountain Valley
Posts: 6
Cool thanks for the reply. I am getting the 16XRB this coming weekend and will be working on this upgrade. Have a simple arm I found on Amazon with 2x mounts for easy transfer in/out. I did basic measurements yesterday and will post results later.
Daveinfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 12:40 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: SIGNAL MOUNTAIN
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveinfv View Post
Cool thanks for the reply. I am getting the 16XRB this coming weekend and will be working on this upgrade. Have a simple arm I found on Amazon with 2x mounts for easy transfer in/out. I did basic measurements yesterday and will post results later.
Our floor plans can't be that much different, so hit me up if you need any further assistance updating things once you get a couple of trips under your belt. I've upgraded some interior items (new kitchen sink, faucet, bathroom sink, faucet, backsplash, stovetop, etc.) and upgraded the battery setup, propane setup and added some exterior items like a frame welded 2" receiver, etc.

They're great little hybrids. Enjoy it!
adamdsgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:34 PM   #5
Member
 
scarr44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamdsgn View Post
Our floor plans can't be that much different, so hit me up if you need any further assistance updating things once you get a couple of trips under your belt. I've upgraded some interior items (new kitchen sink, faucet, bathroom sink, faucet, backsplash, stovetop, etc.) and upgraded the battery setup, propane setup and added some exterior items like a frame welded 2" receiver, etc.

They're great little hybrids. Enjoy it!
I'm interested in what you did for the propane & battery setup. I've got a 2016 XRB which came with a single propane tank. It may or may not be applicable to your upgrades, but I'd love to get a second tank & second battery.
__________________
2016 Jay Feather 7 16XRB
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
"The Dude abides"
scarr44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:53 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: SIGNAL MOUNTAIN
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarr44 View Post
I'm interested in what you did for the propane & battery setup. I've got a 2016 XRB which came with a single propane tank. It may or may not be applicable to your upgrades, but I'd love to get a second tank & second battery.
For the battery setup I simply got rid of the single battery box and replaced it with a Camco double box. The welded in channels and location required no modification. I wired the two new batteries in parallel and added a dual battery disconnect switch on the outside of the box. Links below:

ACDelco M24AGM Professional AGM Voyager BCI Group 24 Battery
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010GLSXCO...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Dual1-2-Both-Off Boat Battery Disconnect Switch
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W3P7V81...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Camco Heavy Duty Double Battery Box
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did have to go to autozone and purchase some small miscellaneous items like 4 gauge red/black wires and battery terminals.

For the tanks, I removed the bolted on single tray and bought a double tray, added a double cover (my hybrid did not include a cover for the tank), and a new dual regulator. I also had to buy a second tank from Ace Hardware. Links below:

Flame King Dual RV Propane Tank Cylinder Rack
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Camco 40572 Black Heavy-Duty Double Propane Tank Cover
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fairview RV Camper LP Propane 2 Stage Automatic Regulator
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hot Max 24217 5' Extension/Appliance Hose for Propane
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The hose hooked to the single regulator wasn't long enough to reach the base of the new regulator so I added the small extension above. Zip tied everything up nicely to the frame and boom... I had two 20lb tanks instead of 1.I was able to shift the location of the propane tray slightly so it was centered in between the tongue jack and battery box. I used black boated self tapping bolts to secure it to the frame, which is what was used on the previous tray.

Overall I would say the difficulty of these two upgrades was a 4-5/10. Just take your time, have some beer on hand and get'r done.
adamdsgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:12 PM   #7
Member
 
scarr44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamdsgn View Post
For the battery setup I simply got rid of the single battery box and replaced it with a Camco double box. The welded in channels and location required no modification. I wired the two new batteries in parallel and added a dual battery disconnect switch on the outside of the box. Links below:

ACDelco M24AGM Professional AGM Voyager BCI Group 24 Battery
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010GLSXCO...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Dual1-2-Both-Off Boat Battery Disconnect Switch
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W3P7V81...v_ov_lig_dp_it


Camco Heavy Duty Double Battery Box
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did have to go to autozone and purchase some small miscellaneous items like 4 gauge red/black wires and battery terminals.

For the tanks, I removed the bolted on single tray and bought a double tray, added a double cover (my hybrid did not include a cover for the tank), and a new dual regulator. I also had to buy a second tank from Ace Hardware. Links below:

Flame King Dual RV Propane Tank Cylinder Rack
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Camco 40572 Black Heavy-Duty Double Propane Tank Cover
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fairview RV Camper LP Propane 2 Stage Automatic Regulator
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hot Max 24217 5' Extension/Appliance Hose for Propane
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The hose hooked to the single regulator wasn't long enough to reach the base of the new regulator so I added the small extension above. Zip tied everything up nicely to the frame and boom... I had two 20lb tanks instead of 1.I was able to shift the location of the propane tray slightly so it was centered in between the tongue jack and battery box. I used black boated self tapping bolts to secure it to the frame, which is what was used on the previous tray.

Overall I would say the difficulty of these two upgrades was a 4-5/10. Just take your time, have some beer on hand and get'r done.
This is excellent info. I've just saved all those products to my camping list on amazon. Thanks so much!
__________________
2016 Jay Feather 7 16XRB
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
"The Dude abides"
scarr44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:47 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Fountain Valley
Posts: 6
Upgrades

Adam, with the 2x battery/propane upgrade do you still have a generator? I dont have much need to run the AC aa beach or mountain camps are my choice. If you gave the generator - any recommendations? Everyone says Honda, but Champion has some nice options with remote start.
Daveinfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:53 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: SIGNAL MOUNTAIN
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveinfv View Post
Adam, with the 2x battery/propane upgrade do you still have a generator? I dont have much need to run the AC aa beach or mountain camps are my choice. If you gave the generator - any recommendations? Everyone says Honda, but Champion has some nice options with remote start.
We've only been in the camper game for 1.5 years. I've thought about buying a generator several times, but have yet to pull the trigger. We camped in our hybrid 41 days last year and none of those required a generator. That being said I'm not sure I would drop over 2K on a Honda 3000. I think I would lean toward the Champion, Predator or Westinghouse.
adamdsgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 10:16 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Fountain Valley
Posts: 6
upgrades

We do mostly 3 day trips, and a longer 10 day in Eastern Sierras in the Summer at altitude. Used to tent camping, so not even sure the heater will be on all night. Thank you for all the insight and upgrade options!
Daveinfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 05:51 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Fountain Valley
Posts: 6
16XRB Upgrades

For the battery setup I simply got rid of the single battery box and replaced it with a Camco double box. The welded in channels and location required no modification. I wired the two new batteries in parallel and added a dual battery disconnect switch on the outside of the box. Links below:


I did have to go to autozone and purchase some small miscellaneous items like 4 gauge red/black wires and battery terminals.

For the tanks, I removed the bolted on single tray and bought a double tray, added a double cover (my hybrid did not include a cover for the tank), and a new dual regulator. I also had to buy a second tank from Ace Hardware.
The hose hooked to the single regulator wasn't long enough to reach the base of the new regulator so I added the small extension above. Zip tied everything up nicely to the frame and boom... I had two 20lb tanks instead of 1.I was able to shift the location of the propane tray slightly so it was centered in between the tongue jack and battery box. I used black boated self tapping bolts to secure it to the frame, which is what was used on the previous tray.

Overall I would say the difficulty of these two upgrades was a 4-5/10. Just take your time, have some beer on hand and get'r done.


Ok, I have the trailer. I can get 2x 6v Deep Cells for same cost as 2x 12v and they offer far longer run time, and will fit in the dual box. The Propane upgrade is pretty simple. Both are first upgrades.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/duracell-...lp_product_1_1

Now I am researching how to get the TV to run off batteries, and Solar to recharge the batteries. Maybe a small generator, too. Mo
st of our trips and 3-4 days, but we do a long 8-10 day trips every Summer in the High Sierras, and I almost always will be boondocking. Would love to have TV option with Genny running for sports or a comedy while sitting outside by the campfire and sipping Irish Whiskey.

Thank you so much for the info and details.
__________________

Daveinfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×