Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-17-2020, 03:30 PM   #1

16xrb couch cushions

We have a 2015 Jayco 16xrb with a small couch across from the dinette. Has anyone replaced the seat cushion? I would like it to be cushier and firmer! Thanks.
BonnieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 02:33 PM   #2

Cushions no, but if it is a jackknife sofa probably just as easy to replace with a new one with better cushions. They are standard sizes, and can be ordered from a couple of sources; just search jackknife sofa on the web. Lippert makes them and can be ordered through CW, also available from a CA based source with a lot more options for color and material (sorry, the name of that one escapes me, but they were easy to find when I did the above search.)

ETA: found it. Shop4seats.com they will send you color/material swatches beforehand, and online reviews are pretty good.

RecPro is another source that gets pretty good reviews from the community.

Note: we have not yet pulled the trigger on this upgrade, just did all the research. When it comes down to it, S4S is probably my preferred supplier, but if lead times are too long I may look at RecPro or Lippert (Thomas Payne) next.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 01:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
Cushions no, but if it is a jackknife sofa probably just as easy to replace with a new one with better cushions. They are standard sizes, and can be ordered from a couple of sources; just search jackknife sofa on the web. Lippert makes them and can be ordered through CW, also available from a CA based source with a lot more options for color and material (sorry, the name of that one escapes me, but they were easy to find when I did the above search.)

ETA: found it. Shop4seats.com they will send you color/material swatches beforehand, and online reviews are pretty good.

RecPro is another source that gets pretty good reviews from the community.

Note: we have not yet pulled the trigger on this upgrade, just did all the research. When it comes down to it, S4S is probably my preferred supplier, but if lead times are too long I may look at RecPro or Lippert (Thomas Payne) next.
All great info, but the couch opposite the dinette in a 16xrb is just another long box with a cushion on the seat and a separate cushion on the back (similar to a long dinette bench). Under the seat cushion is access to the side outdoor storage compartment.

I would suggest finding someone local to redo the seat cushion. We've had custom cushions made thru a local upholstery place. They give you the option to make the cushion as thick as you want and will make custom zippable covers in whatever fabric you bring them.

We are currently in the process of rethinking the layout of the dinette and couch opposite the dinette in our 16xrb. Once we figure out a revised layout we are going to doing something similar to what you're asking. Have new cushions made for the entire are that are thicker and less blah...
adamdsgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:35 AM   #4

Interesting. The 16XRB is mostly a shrunk down X19H which does have a jackknife with the same storage under. Wonder if a jackknife would fit there? Or does the slightly narrower body make this not possible? When comparing floor plans I never cottoned on to the fact the 16 has a fixed sofa only.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
Interesting. The 16XRB is mostly a shrunk down X19H which does have a jackknife with the same storage under. Wonder if a jackknife would fit there? Or does the slightly narrower body make this not possible? When comparing floor plans I never cottoned on to the fact the 16 has a fixed sofa only.
I think the narrower foot print makes removing the fixed bench/sofa and replacing with anything impossible. The outside accessible storage is also dependent on the interior height from the hollow raised bench/fixed sofa. Essentially it's a long bench there to cover the storage while still adding functionality to the interior layout.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:55 AM   #6

Just bought a '14 16XRB. Seems like easiest thing to try would be to unzip the cover, remove the foam, and take it to an upholstery shop or fabric supplier and see if they have a denser foam in same size/thickness. I think that would make them more comfortable, and you could use the original covers. Let us know what you do with them and how it works out please!
Navig8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 01:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navig8r View Post
Just bought a '14 16XRB. Seems like easiest thing to try would be to unzip the cover, remove the foam, and take it to an upholstery shop or fabric supplier and see if they have a denser foam in same size/thickness. I think that would make them more comfortable, and you could use the original covers. Let us know what you do with them and how it works out please!
Just finished the majority of our renovation and attached some images of the new cushions. I bought Sunbrella outdoor fabric for cushions and pillows and had an upholstery ship make new cushions since I changed the depth and length of the benches. They used dense 4.5" foam, which compressed to about 4" once in the covers.
Attached Thumbnails
Living Area_w_Rug.jpg   Table_Lowered.jpg   Table_w_Cushions.jpg  
Old 04-26-2022, 05:59 PM   #8

Did either of you end up having cushions made? Pics?
idrivevolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 06:51 PM   #9

Looks great! Where do you eat?
idrivevolvo is offline   Reply With Quote