Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-05-2014, 12:56 PM   #11
Lost in the Woods
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Woodstock
Posts: 1,128
I would definitely have it hooked to the trailer battery. Having it to the TV battery is a PITA IMO. They have that option for the trailers that do not have batteries(flat decks,horse trailers etc.) What model jack is it?
It would be an easy job if you have some tools and a bit of handy man in you. You will have to find the power wire and hook it to the battery with a terminal end. Youshould install an on/off switch as well as a fuse to be able to shut off the jack unless it already has one on it.
__________________

nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:59 PM   #12
Lost in the Woods
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Woodstock
Posts: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by docmarrin View Post
Yes that is what I am referring to.
these are for Antenna or external source signal (campground cable or satellite dish) only. you would have to pull out the radio and hook RCA cables up to the back and run them across the trailer to the TV...I know it is stupid on Jayco's part. They put absolutely no thought into this. They are just like my wife because she doesn't want a TV in the trailer either.
__________________

nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:07 PM   #13
Lost in the Woods
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Woodstock
Posts: 1,128
if I ever convince my wife to put a Tv in the trailer I am mounting it by the radio on the bathroom wall. I have 2 places inside where Coax comes in the trailer but they are on the other side. Easier to run a Coax cable from the jack to the radio area than to run RCA cables from the radio to the other side of the trailer.

I do not know if you can install your TV any wheres by your radio. Buying a separate DVD player for 20-30 dollars would be the easiest option
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:10 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 4,190
If I'm reading OP's posts correctly, the three wires that feed to where the television should sit (red, yellow, white) are output from the head unit equipped with DVD player. You should be able to just plug those into the back of your TV, choose the appropriate output source from the head unit, the appropriate input source on the TV, and you're in business. There should ALSO be a coax jack plate where the tv goes, this should go to the antenna. Get yourself a short piece of coax to go from the jack to your TV, hit the switch on the plate for the booster, aim your antenna, and you're golden.

If your power tongue jack runs when hooked to the tow vehicle, but not otherwise, it's highly likely that you blew the in line fuse. There should be a rubber boot that holds a 30A fuse somewhere on the tongue of the trailer, replace that fuse, and you should be back in business. It is highly unlikely that the jack is wired to only run from the TV.
__________________


2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:12 PM   #15
Lost in the Woods
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Woodstock
Posts: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
If I'm reading OP's posts correctly, the three wires that feed to where the television should sit (red, yellow, white) are output from the head unit equipped with DVD player. You should be able to just plug those into the back of your TV, choose the appropriate output source from the head unit, the appropriate input source on the TV, and you're in business. There should ALSO be a coax jack plate where the tv goes, this should go to the antenna. Get yourself a short piece of coax to go from the jack to your TV, hit the switch on the plate for the booster, aim your antenna, and you're golden.

If your power tongue jack runs when hooked to the tow vehicle, but not otherwise, it's highly likely that you blew the in line fuse. There should be a rubber boot that holds a 30A fuse somewhere on the tongue of the trailer, replace that fuse, and you should be back in business. It is highly unlikely that the jack is wired to only run from the TV.
deleted
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:14 PM   #16
Lost in the Woods
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Woodstock
Posts: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
If your power tongue jack runs when hooked to the tow vehicle, but not otherwise, it's highly likely that you blew the in line fuse. There should be a rubber boot that holds a 30A fuse somewhere on the tongue of the trailer, replace that fuse, and you should be back in business. It is highly unlikely that the jack is wired to only run from the TV.
why would it run off of the Tow vehicle and not the battery if the fuse was blown?

there are not 2 power wires from the jack are there?
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:28 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 4,190
I'm not entirely sure how it's wired, I just know I had this problem exactly. I had forgotten my battery when I went to pick up my trailer. So I thought I would see if I could run the jack from the truck, so I plugged it in. I heard a pop and didn't really register it at the time, but it was the fuse popping because the battery leads were touching the frame. Anyway, I ran my jack and got my trailer all hooked up, got home, unplugged the trailer from the TV, put the battery on and got nothing from the jack, that's when I found the blown fuse. Replaced it, and moved on knowing that if I ever needed to jack the trailer without the battery, just make sure the battery leads are isolated or they'll ground out and blow the fuse.
__________________


2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:33 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 4,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbhybrid View Post
There are no RCA cables fed to where the TV is.the radio is on the other side of the trailer than the TV as I have mentioned

Just because the radio is on the other side of the trailer doesn't mean the factory didn't run the RCA wires. OP mentions 3 wires near the TV. I would assume these 3 wires would be red white and yellow RCA wires. The coax equipment will only be one very small wire (the jumper) and a wall jack with 12V receptacle and male coax fitting, and a plunger switch that runs the antenna booster.
__________________


2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:47 PM   #19
Lost in the Woods
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Woodstock
Posts: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
Just because the radio is on the other side of the trailer doesn't mean the factory didn't run the RCA wires. OP mentions 3 wires near the TV. I would assume these 3 wires would be red white and yellow RCA wires. The coax equipment will only be one very small wire (the jumper) and a wall jack with 12V receptacle and male coax fitting, and a plunger switch that runs the antenna booster.
I don't know what model trailer you have but the 19H as well as my X17a or a X17z, Jayco does NOT run RCA cables from the radio.I am sure none of the jay featherline does. Maybe they do in yours but as we clarified in a prior post the OP is referring to the coax connectors. If he pulled his radio by removing the 4 screws( very easy to do) there will be nothing coming out of the back of the radio via the RCA jacks therefor meaning it isn't going to the TV in any form
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 02:07 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: VA
Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbhybrid View Post
I don't know what model trailer you have but the 19H as well as my X17a or a X17z, Jayco does NOT run RCA cables from the radio.I am sure none of the jay featherline does. Maybe they do in yours but as we clarified in a prior post the OP is referring to the coax connectors. If he pulled his radio by removing the 4 screws( very easy to do) there will be nothing coming out of the back of the radio via the RCA jacks therefor meaning it isn't going to the TV in any form
You are incorrect.
I have a 19H and YES the RCA cables (or A/V audio/video) cables are there. My camper DID NOT come with a TV, but it is wired for one. I supplied a TV and can watch DVD's through the player that is built in to the radio. I think the OP is confusing the A/V cables with coax.

docmarrin, if they are the red, yellow and white, then connect them to your TV and you should be able to watch DVD's through your player on the radio.
__________________

__________________
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7 HEMI
2̶0̶1̶4̶ ̶J̶a̶y̶ ̶F̶e̶a̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶X̶1̶9̶H̶
howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.