Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-07-2014, 07:33 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmarrin View Post
We got a 4" topper at Walmart for about $109. They have thinner ones for much less but I wanted big time comfort. We rolled up the one for the back bunk and it fit on top of the back mattress when closed. This won't work for the front bunk, however, unless you have a thinner topper. Then we just folded up the whole mattress and topper for the front bed and placed it length wise down the center of the TT for travel because we were going out again in a couple of days. I suppose we will roll them and stow them when we eventually store the TT for more than a month and maybe just put them in our garage (for both).
I was wrong. We only got a 3" Cool Breeze topper and it is a FULL size and not a queen size. It was a lot less money than the queen size and covers about 95% of the queen in our TT anyway. Remember, our queens are "short" queens and you would have to cut off about 5-6 inches as a standard queen is that much longer; so why spend more money anyway.

docmarrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 10:27 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmward View Post
Electric tongue jack will work off 12v only. If it is not working, pull the fuse from the positive (probably green cable), check that it's not blown, and put back in.
Thanks for this tip. I did check the fuse and sure enough it was blown. Put in a new one and now I am "good to go!"

docmarrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:42 PM   #43

Quote:
About the only item of concern is the fact that the shower ends up leaking because of the design of the curtain mechanism. Its workable, but we will seek out a way to make it so that does not happen. Any ideas?
I added a vinyl shower liner to mine. Several on here have done the same.
Take your track loose that the curtain is in and slide it off. Line up the vinyl liner to the curtain. Some of the holes on the liner will line up to the clips on the curtain, but you will have to punch/cut several holes yourself. Slip the holes in the liner over the clips and slide it back on the track.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:43 PM   #44

Here is a link with a good explanation and pics:

shower curtain
Old 09-07-2014, 10:34 PM   #45

Quote:
I was wrong. We only got a 3" Cool Breeze topper and it is a FULL size and not a queen size. It was a lot less money than the queen size and covers about 95% of the queen in our TT anyway. Remember, our queens are "short" queens and you would have to cut off about 5-6 inches as a standard queen is that much longer; so why spend more money anyway.
That is great info as I would have ordered the Queen. We, too, are planning to use our center aisle, but for our bikes. We will try to do the same as you for the bunk. I don't understand why the front bunk doesn't have room for the topper, like the back but I am sure it will make sense when I can actually see what's going on with that. Thank for answering my questions.
Dual 6V Deep Cycle Interstate Batteries
giddyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:04 PM   #46
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by giddyup View Post
That is great info as I would have ordered the Queen. We, too, are planning to use our center aisle, but for our bikes. We will try to do the same as you for the bunk. I don't understand why the front bunk doesn't have room for the topper, like the back but I am sure it will make sense when I can actually see what's going on with that. Thank for answering my questions.
I fold my topper up and store it on top of the cabinet/closet where the TV goes when we're parked.

2007 Jayco Feather 19H
2008 Ford Explorer SportTrac
Snake Plissken is offline   Reply With Quote