Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-05-2014, 10:03 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Surprise
Posts: 340
19H Maiden Voyage

We took our maiden voyage in our new 19H over the last two days just to check out everything. We went to Lo Lo Mai RV Resort near Sedona AZ which is only about 120 miles from our house. We had full hook ups. My DW mainly backed it in to the site and did a fantastic job! No divorce here! Everything went very well and all systems, except the television, worked as expected! If anyone has a suggestion on hooking up the TV (we supplied our own), so we can at least view DVDs, it would be most appreciated. We also would like some suggestions on making it easier to shut the front door. It seems like we have to slam it more than I would have expected. Lastly, does the electric hitch jack only work when hooked up to the TV (tow vehicle) or to shore power? I would think it would also work with the 12V trailer battery.
__________________
2014 Jay Feather Ultra Lite X19H
2014 Buick Enclave, 3.6L V6 w/Towing Pkg.

docmarrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:07 AM   #2
Lost in the Woods
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Woodstock
Posts: 1,128
if you are wanting to watch DVD's from the IRV unit in your trailer it will require running RCA wires...not a great design...best to just buy a cheap player to sit by the TV

your jack should work off 12v

Check the door catch on the door...mine was upside down but I do find holding the latch open as I am closing it then pressing it closed still works best
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:15 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Surprise
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbhybrid View Post
if you are wanting to watch DVD's from the IRV unit in your trailer it will require running RCA wires...not a great design...best to just buy a cheap player to sit by the TV

your jack should work off 12v

Check the door catch on the door...mine was upside down but I do find holding the latch open as I am closing it then pressing it closed still works best
Then what are the three wires for where you would place the TV?
Any suggestions why the 12V doesn't seem to work?
I'll check out you input on the door; and thanks!
__________________
2014 Jay Feather Ultra Lite X19H
2014 Buick Enclave, 3.6L V6 w/Towing Pkg.

docmarrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:22 AM   #4
Lost in the Woods
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Woodstock
Posts: 1,128
what 3 wires?...are you referring to the Coax(rg6) connections to the antenna and the ones that are looped?
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:25 AM   #5
Lost in the Woods
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Woodstock
Posts: 1,128
unsure why your jack doesn't work...there must be a fuse inline somewhere. It must have worked when you picked the trailer up at the dealer. Are you saying that it does work when you are hooked up to the Tow vehicle?
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:31 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
dmward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 369
Electric tongue jack will work off 12v only. If it is not working, pull the fuse from the positive (probably green cable), check that it's not blown, and put back in.
__________________
-Derek

2014 White Hawk 28DSBH
2012 F150 EcoBoost MaxTow (2022 F150 PowerBoost on order)
Reese 1200 WDH / Dual Cam Sway Control
dmward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:39 AM   #7
Lost in the Woods
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Woodstock
Posts: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmward View Post
Electric tongue jack will work off 12v only. If it is not working, pull the fuse from the positive (probably green cable), check that it's not blown, and put back in.
they do work off 12v but waiting to see if the OP answers my question of whether it works when hooked to the TV. The dealer may have wired it that way(which is wrong in this case) but there are 2 ways to do it. Power from TV or power from onboard battery
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:01 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Surprise
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbhybrid View Post
what 3 wires?...are you referring to the Coax(rg6) connections to the antenna and the ones that are looped?
Yes that is what I am referring to.
__________________
2014 Jay Feather Ultra Lite X19H
2014 Buick Enclave, 3.6L V6 w/Towing Pkg.

docmarrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:03 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Surprise
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbhybrid View Post
unsure why your jack doesn't work...there must be a fuse inline somewhere. It must have worked when you picked the trailer up at the dealer. Are you saying that it does work when you are hooked up to the Tow vehicle?
Yes it does work when hooked up to the TV.
__________________
2014 Jay Feather Ultra Lite X19H
2014 Buick Enclave, 3.6L V6 w/Towing Pkg.

docmarrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:07 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Surprise
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbhybrid View Post
they do work off 12v but waiting to see if the OP answers my question of whether it works when hooked to the TV. The dealer may have wired it that way(which is wrong in this case) but there are 2 ways to do it. Power from TV or power from onboard battery
So can I change it to work off the onboard battery? How or should I just leave it the way it is?
__________________
2014 Jay Feather Ultra Lite X19H
2014 Buick Enclave, 3.6L V6 w/Towing Pkg.

docmarrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:56 AM   #11
Lost in the Woods
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Woodstock
Posts: 1,128
I would definitely have it hooked to the trailer battery. Having it to the TV battery is a PITA IMO. They have that option for the trailers that do not have batteries(flat decks,horse trailers etc.) What model jack is it?
It would be an easy job if you have some tools and a bit of handy man in you. You will have to find the power wire and hook it to the battery with a terminal end. Youshould install an on/off switch as well as a fuse to be able to shut off the jack unless it already has one on it.
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:59 AM   #12
Lost in the Woods
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Woodstock
Posts: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by docmarrin View Post
Yes that is what I am referring to.
these are for Antenna or external source signal (campground cable or satellite dish) only. you would have to pull out the radio and hook RCA cables up to the back and run them across the trailer to the TV...I know it is stupid on Jayco's part. They put absolutely no thought into this. They are just like my wife because she doesn't want a TV in the trailer either.
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #13
Lost in the Woods
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Woodstock
Posts: 1,128
if I ever convince my wife to put a Tv in the trailer I am mounting it by the radio on the bathroom wall. I have 2 places inside where Coax comes in the trailer but they are on the other side. Easier to run a Coax cable from the jack to the radio area than to run RCA cables from the radio to the other side of the trailer.

I do not know if you can install your TV any wheres by your radio. Buying a separate DVD player for 20-30 dollars would be the easiest option
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:10 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Camper_bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 7,222
If I'm reading OP's posts correctly, the three wires that feed to where the television should sit (red, yellow, white) are output from the head unit equipped with DVD player. You should be able to just plug those into the back of your TV, choose the appropriate output source from the head unit, the appropriate input source on the TV, and you're in business. There should ALSO be a coax jack plate where the tv goes, this should go to the antenna. Get yourself a short piece of coax to go from the jack to your TV, hit the switch on the plate for the booster, aim your antenna, and you're golden.

If your power tongue jack runs when hooked to the tow vehicle, but not otherwise, it's highly likely that you blew the in line fuse. There should be a rubber boot that holds a 30A fuse somewhere on the tongue of the trailer, replace that fuse, and you should be back in business. It is highly unlikely that the jack is wired to only run from the TV.
__________________

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:12 PM   #15
Lost in the Woods
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Woodstock
Posts: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
If I'm reading OP's posts correctly, the three wires that feed to where the television should sit (red, yellow, white) are output from the head unit equipped with DVD player. You should be able to just plug those into the back of your TV, choose the appropriate output source from the head unit, the appropriate input source on the TV, and you're in business. There should ALSO be a coax jack plate where the tv goes, this should go to the antenna. Get yourself a short piece of coax to go from the jack to your TV, hit the switch on the plate for the booster, aim your antenna, and you're golden.

If your power tongue jack runs when hooked to the tow vehicle, but not otherwise, it's highly likely that you blew the in line fuse. There should be a rubber boot that holds a 30A fuse somewhere on the tongue of the trailer, replace that fuse, and you should be back in business. It is highly unlikely that the jack is wired to only run from the TV.
deleted
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:14 PM   #16
Lost in the Woods
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Woodstock
Posts: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
If your power tongue jack runs when hooked to the tow vehicle, but not otherwise, it's highly likely that you blew the in line fuse. There should be a rubber boot that holds a 30A fuse somewhere on the tongue of the trailer, replace that fuse, and you should be back in business. It is highly unlikely that the jack is wired to only run from the TV.
why would it run off of the Tow vehicle and not the battery if the fuse was blown?

there are not 2 power wires from the jack are there?
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:28 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Camper_bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 7,222
I'm not entirely sure how it's wired, I just know I had this problem exactly. I had forgotten my battery when I went to pick up my trailer. So I thought I would see if I could run the jack from the truck, so I plugged it in. I heard a pop and didn't really register it at the time, but it was the fuse popping because the battery leads were touching the frame. Anyway, I ran my jack and got my trailer all hooked up, got home, unplugged the trailer from the TV, put the battery on and got nothing from the jack, that's when I found the blown fuse. Replaced it, and moved on knowing that if I ever needed to jack the trailer without the battery, just make sure the battery leads are isolated or they'll ground out and blow the fuse.
__________________

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:33 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Camper_bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 7,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbhybrid View Post
There are no RCA cables fed to where the TV is.the radio is on the other side of the trailer than the TV as I have mentioned

Just because the radio is on the other side of the trailer doesn't mean the factory didn't run the RCA wires. OP mentions 3 wires near the TV. I would assume these 3 wires would be red white and yellow RCA wires. The coax equipment will only be one very small wire (the jumper) and a wall jack with 12V receptacle and male coax fitting, and a plunger switch that runs the antenna booster.
__________________

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:47 PM   #19
Lost in the Woods
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Woodstock
Posts: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
Just because the radio is on the other side of the trailer doesn't mean the factory didn't run the RCA wires. OP mentions 3 wires near the TV. I would assume these 3 wires would be red white and yellow RCA wires. The coax equipment will only be one very small wire (the jumper) and a wall jack with 12V receptacle and male coax fitting, and a plunger switch that runs the antenna booster.
I don't know what model trailer you have but the 19H as well as my X17a or a X17z, Jayco does NOT run RCA cables from the radio.I am sure none of the jay featherline does. Maybe they do in yours but as we clarified in a prior post the OP is referring to the coax connectors. If he pulled his radio by removing the 4 screws( very easy to do) there will be nothing coming out of the back of the radio via the RCA jacks therefor meaning it isn't going to the TV in any form
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:07 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: VA
Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbhybrid View Post
I don't know what model trailer you have but the 19H as well as my X17a or a X17z, Jayco does NOT run RCA cables from the radio.I am sure none of the jay featherline does. Maybe they do in yours but as we clarified in a prior post the OP is referring to the coax connectors. If he pulled his radio by removing the 4 screws( very easy to do) there will be nothing coming out of the back of the radio via the RCA jacks therefor meaning it isn't going to the TV in any form
You are incorrect.
I have a 19H and YES the RCA cables (or A/V audio/video) cables are there. My camper DID NOT come with a TV, but it is wired for one. I supplied a TV and can watch DVD's through the player that is built in to the radio. I think the OP is confusing the A/V cables with coax.

docmarrin, if they are the red, yellow and white, then connect them to your TV and you should be able to watch DVD's through your player on the radio.
__________________
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7 HEMI
2̶0̶1̶4̶ ̶J̶a̶y̶ ̶F̶e̶a̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶X̶1̶9̶H̶
howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.