Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #1

19H Owners and New Purchasers

I was just at the Milwaukee RV Show yesterday. I was talking to a Jayco dealer and he says that are not stocking anymore 19H hybrids because they are not selling, people want the bigger ones with slides like the 20E or 23B. Just wondering what people think of this? I am wondering if the mark up is so high on these that they aren't making a lot of money on these? Or just what you think? I told him about the 20E not having a double sink or a bigger refrigerator/freezer and the 2013 change in tub depth. He said I should tell Jayco, which I have. We love our 2012 19H. Just wondering what others think of this, do you think the smaller hybrids are not has popular?

I wish they would do a poll here on how many people have which model hybrid and year.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #2

Some salesmen will lie to sell the stuff they have in stock.

"Roughing it Cheaply"
Albums:
https://www.jaycoowners.com/album.php?u=3163
Boss Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #3

In both the 20E and the 23B you have to climb over the dinette to get into the front bed...a deal-breaker for me.
lfcjasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #4

We looked at a LOT of hybrids before purchasing the 23B. So I do not recall which one is which. If I recall correctly; when I was in the 19H I felt like I was in a cave. I liked the extra floor space, counter top space, and storage with the 23B, and the general more open feel. I do not mind crawling over the dinette seat. Most of the time our dinette table is turned 90 degrees, so getting in and out of bed is no big deal.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #5

We have a 2013 X19H and we love it, although being our first TT, we have nothing to compare it with. We researched many different models, brands, and floor plans, but I never know about what works and what doesn't, what is good or bad, what I like or don't like until I actually use it. For us, we bought the biggest TT that our TV could pull; I don't make a lot of money, so I wasn't about to buy a bigger TV and lose valuable gas milage for all of the days that we are NOT pulling a trailer. The X19H is just right for us--for now. We would like to get something a little bigger, but TT's that have slides are considerably heavier. If it was just me, I'd still use a tent and I'd be happy. I can't say anything bad about our little hybrid. It keeps us dry, warm, rested, and comfortable. It tows easily and has a nice floor plan. I wasn't aware that Jayco was discontinuing some hybrids, but I guess it doesn't surprise me, either. In looking at the TT's that many of you JOF folks have, I could only assume that hybrids are not a big seller. We love ours, and we will keep it until we HAVE to have something bigger. Hopefully by then, gas will be under $11 a gallon, because we'll have to get a bigger TV, too. Until then, Happy Camping!!
pm1stnau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #6

I had a dealer tell me last summer that they don't stock the 20E, only 19H and 23B because the 20E doesn't sell. So, take it with a grain of salt.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #7

19H is just right for the 2 of us, thats not to say we would'nt have bought the 23 if the same deal was around ( 6 month old trade) Larry
Old 02-27-2013, 06:28 AM   #8

Every dealer will have better luck selling one model over another. They're salesmen, and they want to sell something for the biggest commission. We have a 19H and love it. Climbing over a dinette table or couch never appealed to me.
I think hybrids are better than an all hard side. I feel like I'm in a tin can and can't breath when I'm in some TT's. The bunk ends help open up the place and allow for more air flow. I would hate having to run an AC 24X7 to survive in a TT.

Been a camper since I was a kid, and that was a long time ago :)
From pup tents with no floors, to tents with floors and flies, to a pop up, to the expandable.
chuckworkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:25 PM   #9

For the 4 of us, I love the 19H. My dad had one, and I liked it so much, I bought myself one. It has plenty of room, and I don't have to worry slide problems and leaks down the road.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcjasp View Post
In both the 20E and the 23B you have to climb over the dinette to get into the front bed...a deal-breaker for me.
I'm with you there. We have a 1007 PUP but have been thinking about upgrading to a hybrid in the near future. We hate the U-shaped dinette in our PUP and would not, therefore, get the 20E or 23B. We had our hearts set on the 23J, but saw that's been discontinued. If they discontinue the 19H, we'll be forced to another brand.
raising4daughters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:56 AM   #11

... different strokes for different folks. (Went all the way back to the 70's for that one.) I have the 17z (love it), but I miss the U-shaped dinette we had in our PUP. If the 17A was available the year we got ours, I would have preferred it.

I like the extra level getting getting in and out of the front bunk.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #12

I think it really varies dealer to dealer, my dealer's biggest hybrid seller is the 19H, we have a 2011 Select and couldn't be happier than we already are with this unit.There are alot of great floor plans out there but in my opinion the 19H is a top contender. In response to the original post by Makjps and question to the popularity of smaller versus larger hybrids - I see as many of the latter on the hyways in my travels. Alot of the time in comes down to price and TV. Looking forward to a great season.
Alex19H is offline   Reply With Quote