Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-04-2015, 08:09 AM   #1

19xud

My husband and I have been shopping for a hybrid camper since early spring of this year. We have three boys and a dog that camp with us. We sold our pop-up last week and were hoping to purchase a camper this week. This past weekend we looked at both the 19xud and the 23b. We really liked the 19xud because of it's size. We have a 2012 Nissan pathfinder for a tow vehicle. We felt the 23b would be pushing the limits. The things we did not like about the 19xud is the wall A/C, there is not an outside propane line and the black water tank is small. The sales guy said their service department could install the propane line. The wall A/C is our and black water tank is the biggest issues. We did some research when we got home and the 2016 model addresses these issues. The sales guy said he could order one for us but we would not get it until mid-September. We are trying to decide if we can get over the a/c and water tank issue and purchase the one on the lot, should we order one, or should we just wait until spring. Does anybody have any experience with the 19xud? Have any of the above been issues? Sorry this is so long. Thanks for reading.
mom23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 08:23 AM   #2

As hard as it is, I'd recommend waiting and getting it the way you want it. You'll be much happier in the end.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:53 AM   #3

Never settle -- you may miss part of one season of camping but you will be happier in the long run!
Old 08-06-2015, 11:12 AM   #4

We love our 2015 19XUD SLX! It does have the roof A/C, though. Do you mean auxiliary propane or there is none at all? How would the stove and heater work? The small tanks are ok, as long as you are somewhere with full hook up! I am fine with dumping the black tank everyday with 4 adults, but if you want to dry camp or go to somewhere without sewer at your site it would be a real hassle! Also, the 2016 changes some weight capacities with the larger tanks so make sure you read the fine print. Be patient and get what you really want, but sometimes you are blessed with the right impulse...
Old 08-06-2015, 09:49 PM   #5

We had decided to order a 19xud. My husband went in today to fill out the paperwork and decided to purchase the x23b instead. He did not want to wait to order one. The x23b had all the features we were looking for and the price wad not much more than ordering the 19xud. If we don't like how our tow vehicle handles we will upgrade it next year.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:09 PM   #6

With 3 boys and the dog you'll be sooo happy the x23b is in your future. You need that room more than you know. You won't be crowded at meal time or after hours.
Old 08-08-2015, 05:20 AM   #7

Thanks, we pick it up on Tuesday and our first trip will be the following Tuesday.
Old 08-08-2015, 02:18 PM   #8

Congrats!! That is exciting. Please do write a post on how the first trip went when you can.

I just got a x17z and it has been in the driveway for week. Maybe I'll get try it next weekend
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote