Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-19-2014, 08:40 AM   #1

19xud mattresses

Good morning, I purchased a 2014 19xud and find the mattresses very uncomfortable. Does anyone know where I can purchase an upgrade? I notified my local jayco dealer and was notified that the 19xud does not have an upgrade available for my model. Any information would be appreciated.
benwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:51 AM   #2
Lost in the Woods

I have never seen a mattress upgrade for a hybrid. Any mattress that has to folded for storage isn't going to be very thick. You could use a topper every time but then you have to deal with it when you are not camping.

The extra glass of wine or beer I have around the campfire makes my mattress super comfortable
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:56 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwa View Post
Good morning, I purchased a 2014 19xud and find the mattresses very uncomfortable. Does anyone know where I can purchase an upgrade? I notified my local jayco dealer and was notified that the 19xud does not have an upgrade available for my model. Any information would be appreciated.
When we had the 19H, we bought a foam topper at Costco (queen sized). It worked much better and we still use it on our 28DSBH. Not sure it would fit the 19XUD so well though, since it seems be a little narrower than the 19H.

But, yeah, wine & beer would help with the falling asleep part anyhow. Waking up sore was a different story (I blamed the mattress )

2014 White Hawk 28DSBH
2012 F150 EcoBoost MaxTow (2022 F150 PowerBoost on order)
Reese 1200 WDH / Dual Cam Sway Control
dmward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:56 AM   #4

Thanks I will try a few more beers before I go to bed!!
benwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:08 AM   #5
Lost in the Woods

Who ever sleeps on the inside isn't going to be comfortable because you are sleeping on the joint between the bunk door and trailer. I slept on the outside the first 3 nights till the wife decided she should. I just sleep on the outer 1.5 of the mattress so that I avoid the hinge area. 55 lb mutt between us helps with keeping me there as well.

I may try a 2x4 sheet of maybe 3/8 plywood to cover that area which would help but haven't worried about it yet. I could easily storethe plywood on the table
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:29 AM   #6

Before my Hybrid I slept on the ground so for me this is like a cloud. I really don't mind the mattress at all and I feel fine in the AM. The killer for me was the cold ground, then I had all the aches and pains.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:52 AM   #7

I have mattress issues primarily because I weigh 350lbs. The foam mattresses that come with the X20E simply do not work for me. So I end up putting a couple of sleeping bags on top of it, a 1" memory foam and still I would feel like I'm sleeping on concrete.

On our last trip I decided to go to Walmart and found these things: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Norsk-Stor...-Gray/13253268

They actually helped to cushion the bed enough for me to feel comfortable at night. Simply lock them together, slide under the mattress and Bob's your uncle. Add Sleeping bags for additional padding, LOL.

For $20 bucks it works for me and made my recent 12 night trip much better but I am still on the lookout for a good deal on a topper when and if it comes my way.
Equalizer 10k WD, Prodigy P3 Controller, TST TPMS

2012 - Jayco Sport 10 Popup - Traded
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:47 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
I have mattress issues primarily because I weigh 350lbs. The foam mattresses that come with the X20E simply do not work for me. So I end up putting a couple of sleeping bags on top of it, a 1" memory foam and still I would feel like I'm sleeping on concrete.

On our last trip I decided to go to Walmart and found these things: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Norsk-Stor...-Gray/13253268

They actually helped to cushion the bed enough for me to feel comfortable at night. Simply lock them together, slide under the mattress and Bob's your uncle. Add Sleeping bags for additional padding, LOL.

For $20 bucks it works for me and made my recent 12 night trip much better but I am still on the lookout for a good deal on a topper when and if it comes my way.
That's a great idea. Wonder if they would help with the under mattress condensation issues some of us hybrid owners have also experienced?
Old 08-19-2014, 01:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post

I just saw something like that at Harbor Freight yesterday but never gave it a thought. I went for those canvas tire covers and they said they don't carry them but I'll check on line anyway.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:29 AM   #10

I should add we doubled them up for me. Two packs of 4 squares. 4 squares about covers the size of the bed so we just place the second set on top.

For you lightweights out there I'm sure one pack would suffice. Best part is they are easy to remove and store without taking up any space.

All Credits go to my DW. She had the brainstorm while we were hunting for self inflating mattresses and saw the price on them
Equalizer 10k WD, Prodigy P3 Controller, TST TPMS

2012 - Jayco Sport 10 Popup - Traded
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote