Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-28-2015, 09:05 PM   #31
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: St.catharines
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicS1950 View Post
I added some information my thread. I hope it helps to answer your questions.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...tml#post295305

vic
Hi Vic!! Thanks you've been a great help. I will take a few pics of mine tomorrow and post.
Yours appears to be in better shape than mine as far as sag goes. I think I may attempt to use a few jacks at the same time and bring one side up and add supports. Then move to the other. It may not be perfect but again, it's a 2001. I want to make it safe and usable.
I am going to also attempt to repack the bearings (if you have any advice on that please feel free to share) and need to replace one tire that has worn on the inside only.
Also the gap between the wheel well and the tires is pretty small. Not sure if that is normal or a direct result of sag.
__________________

Branmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:34 AM   #32
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: St.catharines
Posts: 28
Well just a quick update since I last posted here

Had a fantastic camping season with no issues. Spring is here now and low and behold I have some delamination near the back (door side) panel. Very minor but I can see it. I checked my front cargo hatch on the slideout side and it is slightly wet.

I am starting to suspect the actual rubber roof. Is it possible that the roof could be leaking? Has anyone had any experiences with this? I am looking into resealing the whole roof with some rubber roof sealer.

I am getting a bit frustrated with this unit. I solved all the leaking problems (or so I thought) and was good and dry for at least a month. Then back to the drawing board in a sense. I checked all seams and caulking and they appear good.

A dealer suggested the trim along side near the roof which I started to remove yesterday but the putty behind it is in fantastic shape. I dont know where else to look!!!
__________________

Branmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:50 AM   #33
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 2
I just picked up a 02 and have almost the same leaking areas as yours, rear in front of the wardrobe closet and then the front right storage compartment near the door. I also have some delamination going on in the back quarter panel on the door side. Thanks for the post and pictures, I think I will go through and do the same floor work you did and probably add some unistrut to the bottom. Did you cut any flooring out or just lay new plywood on top of the old after you dried and treated it?
Kiwi 23b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:34 AM   #34
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: St.catharines
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi 23b View Post
I just picked up a 02 and have almost the same leaking areas as yours, rear in front of the wardrobe closet and then the front right storage compartment near the door. I also have some delamination going on in the back quarter panel on the door side. Thanks for the post and pictures, I think I will go through and do the same floor work you did and probably add some unistrut to the bottom. Did you cut any flooring out or just lay new plywood on top of the old after you dried and treated it?
New ply over top of the old. I believe 3/8 was the thickest that allowed for 1/4" quarter round trim to be installed around and still allow cupboard doors to be opened.
Make sure to check your marker lights as that was the worst spots on mine.
Branmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 10:01 AM   #35
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branmat View Post
New ply over top of the old. I believe 3/8 was the thickest that allowed for 1/4" quarter round trim to be installed around and still allow cupboard doors to be opened.
Make sure to check your marker lights as that was the worst spots on mine.
Thanks for the info, and I will make sure they are sealed up good. Did you pull the bench seat in the front to get access to the front storage? or just work around it when it was in place?
Kiwi 23b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 02:09 PM   #36
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: St.catharines
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi 23b View Post
Thanks for the info, and I will make sure they are sealed up good. Did you pull the bench seat in the front to get access to the front storage? or just work around it when it was in place?
Just worked around it.

I am still having issues though. There is still water getting in somewhere. If I had hair I would pull it out.
__________________

Branmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.