Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-30-2017, 05:48 PM   #21

So I got the seals in place and the water system is leak free now.

Had to remove the pilot unit on the hot water heater. Was doing the same thing as the fridge. Dirt particles in the pilot tube causing gas to burn slower, and back up to the air mixing area - then a smaller flame starts. Looks good now, been running for about 40 minutes.
gerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:07 AM   #22

Well fellow Jaycolites - the hits KEEP rolling in!

I solved my hot water heater issue (thread in the maintenance / repair forum) - good old user error.

I believe I found the source of my 'noise' when running the water. I noticed last night that the hot / cold was correct at the kitchen sink, but reversed at the bathroom.

Then I realized all the PEX lines were removed during floor repair.

Sure enough, they had the hot water return plugged right into the cold water line near the low point drains. My theory is that water is coming in from two directions causing the flows to fight each other - hot return coming into the cold line right at the city water hookup.

I have line disconnected lose now, should have them flipped in a few and another test performed.
Old 12-31-2017, 03:53 PM   #23

So after swapping the lines over I noticed a small leak between this valve and the splice above it. The PEX line between them was so short you couldn't see it.

I removed the splice and two short pieces of hose, and replaced it with the trimmed section off the low point drain (from under the trailer)

None of the connectors have the lock rings on them - I'm sure in my pushing back and forth I caused a line to pull out enough to leak under pressure. Need to find some locks.

I did find one under this mess and used it.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:44 AM   #24

Just wanted to say thanks for documenting this process! It has helped me figure out a few things on my new to me Kiwi 18F.
BrettMatthews is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
18f, diagram, jayco, kiwi, wiring