Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-16-2019, 09:51 AM   #1

2007 H19 Hybrid

I pick up this great used trailer last summer. We love it and decided to update it and make it more modern. I have been renovating it all spring. It had a new roof and floor. I took out the dinette and built in a new futon couch. We replaced the table and installed new curtains. We painted, wall papered and tiled throughout.

We decided to park for the season in a park, and now I am looking to construct awnings or a roof over the bunk ends, to keep them dry. Has anyone does this or can more permanent covers be purchased?

Or is it just better to replace the canvas with new, seam sealed, waterproof tents?
CakeMomRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:33 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMomRox View Post
We decided to park for the season in a park, and now I am looking to construct awnings or a roof over the bunk ends, to keep them dry. Has anyone does this or can more permanent covers be purchased?
I've been wanting to do this for a couple of years. Not only would it keep them dry but if it does rain the sound would be lessened.
If anybody has done this please post some pics.

ROOF REPLACEMENT

PARTIAL FLOOR REPLACEMENT
Scott91370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:44 AM   #3

Please post pictures! I would love to see them!

I was thinking about PVC roofing panels and building it like and awning that attaches to the side of the trailer. But also has 4 support posts that are collapsible for transporting. I was going to build the frame and posts our of PVC plumbing pipes, and cement the pipe footings into galvanized buckets. then I would use pipe fasteners to secure the structure to the trailer as well.

I've seen fence panels weighted down that way to built non permanent fences. They sunk 4x4 posts into the cement in buckets and then screwed wooden lattice between the posts.
CakeMomRox is offline   Reply With Quote