Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2019, 11:13 PM   #21

You should be able to find the decals for the bunk door on ebay for a fraction of the cost of what the dealer sells them for. The factory jayco decals are better decals but for the money you cant beat the ones on ebay and they look almost identical to the factory ones.
jwrigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 01:55 PM   #22

That's a good price. When I called it was going to be like $400 for the door plus shipping. Estimated a total of close to $1000.

ROOF REPLACEMENT

PARTIAL FLOOR REPLACEMENT
Scott91370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 04:28 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwrigley View Post
You should be able to find the decals for the bunk door on ebay for a fraction of the cost of what the dealer sells them for. The factory jayco decals are better decals but for the money you cant beat the ones on ebay and they look almost identical to the factory ones.
Thanks for the info!
justcallmejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 01:54 PM   #24

I have a 2010 Jayco 19H that had a leak also in the front bunk. I replaced the bottom 18 inches of luan on interior side because it was rotten. I believe the leak was from the seal on the front side of door under the latch, there was a void in the caulk so I recaulked it and it seems to have stop any moisture issues. Anyone know what causes the fiberglass to warp on the front bunk? I suspect it to be because when the Wood was wet it froze over the winter and bulged out.
papajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 03:37 PM   #25

PM me, I should have a spare front decal, if I kept it when I moved. If I can find it, its yours for the price of shipping.

Click image for larger version

Name:	15684105578761837388955416493896.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	53315

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 03:04 PM   #26

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
If I can find it, its yours for the price of shipping.
Two thumbs up!! This forum has some awesome people!

ROOF REPLACEMENT

PARTIAL FLOOR REPLACEMENT
Scott91370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 03:54 PM   #27

Over the past week, I replaced the front bunk on our 2008 23B. The door cost just over $1,100 and I put it in myself. Now the front gutter from the old door does not fit and according to the dealership can’t be ordered for the new door. Apparently, the replacement bunk doors are special order items that are not made until ordered and don’t come with the gutter. Also, the decals are no longer available. Boy, what a mess! I regret making this purchase. I am the second owner and had it for over five years but I should have …….
CMA77777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 09:18 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcallmejoe View Post
Hi everyone. 1st time posting here. I bought a 2010 Jayco 23j this spring and just recently when putting away the front fold out bed I see some water damage there. I pulled the flap that covers the open seam between the camper and the fold down bunk and when I did it pulled back some of the rubber/plastic bunk cover. I can see wet wood and it feels a little rotten. Just wondering what my options are here. The place I purchased from is saying they wont cover the issue under warranty.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a new bunk or maybe some tips on repairing what I have? As I said the wood feels a bit rotten but it may be ok if I can stop the water from getting in.

Any help is appreciated.
Just curious if this looks bad enough to replace in your opinion? Leak was due to a missing pad on the latch. Have a heater and damp rid next to it now. Hoping it will harden up. It’s a 6”x3” softer spot in the wood
Attached Thumbnails
25D7D0AA-AB06-4FFC-9D53-8B57C4062533.jpg  
Sneaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 07:02 AM   #29

The spot in our door was a little larger than yours. When I pilled back the wallpaper and looked at the wood under it, the leak looked more substantial.
The bunk door is made up of some type of exterior vinyl, a very thin piece of wood, foam board, another very thin piece of wood, and your interior wallpaper. It takes all of it together to form a structure solid enough to hold up. In ours, I found the wood had basically rotted away and the foam board was holding water. To get the water to dry, I had to remove the wallpaper and thin piece of interior plywood. A few hot days dried out the door but the structural integrity of the door was compromised by removing the wood and wallpaper. The door you have probably is holding water. The challenge will be to get the moisture out of the door without compromising it structurally. Without pulling the paper back, you will not know how much of the wood underneath decomposed. If the spot is small and has not spread, I think I would pull the wallpaper off to see how bad the wood is underneath saving a piece of the wallpaper so you can try to match it with new wallpaper or paint. If the spot is not that bad, I think I wood flake as much rotten wood off as I could and drill a few holes into the soft spot being careful not to go all the way through to the exterior. This would allow the moisture a way to get out. After a few hot days when you are sure it is dry, I would spray some foam insulation into the holes and maybe use something like bondo to enclose it again. I would then paint or wallpaper the door. Lastly check the integrity of the door. The last thing you would wont is for someone to fall through.
With our camper, after I removed the wallpaper, I took pictures of the door and sent it to the dealership and let them make the decision if it should be fixed or replaced. It was a safety issue for us and we wanted to safe rather than sorry. I do have to say the new door is much better than the one that came on it. Good luck. I hope this helps.
CMA77777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 11:16 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMA77777 View Post
The spot in our door was a little larger than yours. When I pilled back the wallpaper and looked at the wood under it, the leak looked more substantial.
The bunk door is made up of some type of exterior vinyl, a very thin piece of wood, foam board, another very thin piece of wood, and your interior wallpaper. It takes all of it together to form a structure solid enough to hold up. In ours, I found the wood had basically rotted away and the foam board was holding water. To get the water to dry, I had to remove the wallpaper and thin piece of interior plywood. A few hot days dried out the door but the structural integrity of the door was compromised by removing the wood and wallpaper. The door you have probably is holding water. The challenge will be to get the moisture out of the door without compromising it structurally. Without pulling the paper back, you will not know how much of the wood underneath decomposed. If the spot is small and has not spread, I think I would pull the wallpaper off to see how bad the wood is underneath saving a piece of the wallpaper so you can try to match it with new wallpaper or paint. If the spot is not that bad, I think I wood flake as much rotten wood off as I could and drill a few holes into the soft spot being careful not to go all the way through to the exterior. This would allow the moisture a way to get out. After a few hot days when you are sure it is dry, I would spray some foam insulation into the holes and maybe use something like bondo to enclose it again. I would then paint or wallpaper the door. Lastly check the integrity of the door. The last thing you would wont is for someone to fall through.
With our camper, after I removed the wallpaper, I took pictures of the door and sent it to the dealership and let them make the decision if it should be fixed or replaced. It was a safety issue for us and we wanted to safe rather than sorry. I do have to say the new door is much better than the one that came on it. Good luck. I hope this helps.
Thank you so much for this reply!!! I have a heater blasting on it right now. It seems to be drying out and hardening up. I’ll be pulling off some of the wallpaper to see how bad it really is
Sneaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 02:43 PM   #31

Wow! When I need service can I borrow your wife to negotiate the pricing for me 😬

I also own a 2010 Jayco JayFeather 23J
Brave-N-Dandy is offline   Reply With Quote