Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-12-2020, 12:11 AM   #1

2011 x17z sleeping 6 adults?

New to us 2011 x17z with interior dinette and jack sofa.

Given the small size of both the dinette and jack-sofa (fine for kids but a bit short), has anyone tried sleep an queen air mattress over the dinette and jack 'bed' to accommodate sleeping a third couple?
Did you have to engineer something to fill the gap between the beds, or was it a non-issue?
Any other suggestions or success for trying to accommodate a third couple sleeping on the interior beds?

cromrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 08:47 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromrell View Post

Given the small size of both the dinette and jack-sofa (fine for kids but a bit short), has anyone tried sleep an queen air mattress over the dinette and jack 'bed' to accommodate sleeping a third couple?
Did you have to engineer something to fill the gap between the beds, or was it a non-issue?
Any other suggestions or success for trying to accommodate a third couple sleeping on the interior beds?

We have an x17z, and while we haven't done this, I've seen pictures from people who have. Basically, they built a bench that goes in between the sofa and dinette.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:14 AM   #3

Similar trailer here. I couldn't imagine sleeping more than four people in one of these things. Where are you going to put your "stuff"? The fridge is too small. You couldn't fit six people sitting under the awning if you get rainy days. The holding tanks are too small.

Our trailer is perfect for just the DW and me.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:46 AM   #4

If the dinette and the sofa are at the same height, you might be able to cut a piece of plywood to slip under the sofa frame to span the difference.

Without seeing a few photos of the sofa open and seeing the gap it is hard to say how hard it will be to do. Worst case scenario is to cut a piece of Plywood and make a brace to fit under it for support. Next question is where/how to store it.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 09:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaacs View Post
Similar trailer here. I couldn't imagine sleeping more than four people in one of these things. Where are you going to put your "stuff"? The fridge is too small. You couldn't fit six people sitting under the awning if you get rainy days. The holding tanks are too small.

Our trailer is perfect for just the DW and me.
The most we've ever slept in ours is five, with my wife and I in one bunk, our daughter and a friend in the other, and our son on the dinette. It was tight for sure. We kept our gear in the back of the tow vehicle while we slept.
Old 04-17-2020, 01:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromrell View Post

We are a family of 5 (two adults and 3 kids). We had the same issue. The sofa was useless and the dinette is made for people under 5'5" when converted. We got tired of it and reworked the configuration with a permanent hybrid solution to the exact problem you're describing.
Attached Thumbnails
Living Area_w_Table.jpg   Table_Lowered.jpg   Table_w_Cushions.jpg   Front Bunk_w_Cushions.jpg  
adamdsgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 02:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamdsgn View Post
We are a family of 5 (two adults and 3 kids). We had the same issue. The sofa was useless and the dinette is made for people under 5'5" when converted. We got tired of it and reworked the configuration with a permanent hybrid solution to the exact problem you're describing.
very nice

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 03:41 PM   #8

Oh, the thing we out up with in our younger days. No we have Holiday Inns on wheels!

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323 BH
Cavie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beds, x17z