Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-21-2012, 05:45 AM   #11

For us, having the skylight in the shower wasn't really an option. DH is over 6' and his head hit the ceiling without the extra room that the skylight provides.

mtn_bikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:44 AM   #12

I called Jayco about our 2012 19h and found out the skylight is not an option because of the time our roof was made end of 2011, it will not support a skylight because there is no backing to frame it properly and is not recommended to be installed. I will live without the skylight, we are not tall people so we fit fine in shower, my husband won't use it anyway. The extra light is nice, but we still get enough light from fan vent.

Dealer was very good during walk through, they will be inquiring with Jayco about the bath sink stopper not being able to rest up a little in drain. He even said he would get us a new sink if no fix. He also said panel cabinet below frig could be taken out for a deeper cabinet. They fixed a badly caulked and bent strip on front of camper outside.

We are all packed and ready to camp first time today for 4 nights. Plugged in frig last night and takes approximately 4 hours to get cold and ready to pack. The storage works well. So far, glad we upgraded from our 2010 17z which was also a great camper but just too small for a family of 4.

2012 Jayco 19h
2009 Silverado

Makjps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makjps View Post
I called Jayco about our 2012 19h and found out the skylight is not an option because of the time our roof was made end of 2011, it will not support a skylight because there is no backing to frame it properly and is not recommended to be installed. I will live without the skylight, we are not tall people so we fit fine in shower, my husband won't use it anyway. The extra light is nice, but we still get enough light from fan vent.

Dealer was very good during walk through, they will be inquiring with Jayco about the bath sink stopper not being able to rest up a little in drain. He even said he would get us a new sink if no fix. He also said panel cabinet below frig could be taken out for a deeper cabinet. They fixed a badly caulked and bent strip on front of camper outside.

We are all packed and ready to camp first time today for 4 nights. Plugged in frig last night and takes approximately 4 hours to get cold and ready to pack. The storage works well. So far, glad we upgraded from our 2010 17z which was also a great camper but just too small for a family of 4.

2012 Jayco 19h
2009 Silverado
I looked at what you said and no my stopper in the sink does not stay up either
parkerbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #14

I am not a big fan of sky lights. Although my 17Z has one, I one in a previous RV that leaked and caused me to have to replace the whole roof. If my RV did not come with one, I would have one put in aftermarket. Just my two cents.

Fishinggunny is offline   Reply With Quote