Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-26-2015, 12:46 PM   #1

2013 19H new at dealer

We will pick up our new 2013 19H in two weeks. What maintenance will need to be done since it has been outside on the dealers lot for the last two years? What maintenance should I expect the dealer to provide before I take the trailer?
Thanks in advance.
GA
GAMFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 07:00 AM   #2

I'd want, and try to have the dealer to perform any and all required maintenance prior to handing it over to me. When you stated it was new, do you mean "new to you", or as in "the unit is new"?

Did you have this discussion with the sales person when you purchased/signed the purchase paperwork? There is always a paper that's signed by both parties which state what the dealer has agreed to do that you sign as well.

Is there a warranty?

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 07:45 AM   #3

It is brand new,I am the first owner. We are going to visit the dealer again before our walk through. I will request that all required maintenance be completed before we take it off the lot.
Thanks
Old 02-27-2015, 08:49 AM   #4

Be sure to discus this with the dealer prior to the PDI/Delivery walk through. Don't just assume they'll do it. Basically, I'd expect them to do everything they'd do for their pricey "end of season maintenance package" at no cost to you. That would include a thorough cleaning inside & out (including the roof), an exterior waxing, an inspection/maintenance of the roof seams, A/C, vent, and window seals, test of the propane lines, and a test of the refrigerator coolant. In addition, they should repack the wheel bearings. After 2-3 years of setting on the dealer's lot (depending on the actual build/ship date), the grease will have deteriorated and gotten dirt/moisture in it. Check the tire sidewalls before they put on the "tire shine". If the sun is intense in your area, there may be some checking or cracking. If so, they should replace them. (They should be fully covered by the tire mfrs. warranty.) All of that is in addition to their normal PDI procedures.

My TT sat on the dealer's lot for a year and three months before I bought it. That's what I had them do before I'd accept it!

Congratulations, and happy camping!
Old 03-01-2015, 12:00 AM   #5

Went to dealer today. They agreed to do everything you suggested.
Thanks for the help.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMFW View Post
Went to dealer today. They agreed to do everything you suggested.
Thanks for the help.
Great! Sounds like you've got a "stand-up dealer" there! Good luck and happy camping!
Old 03-02-2015, 02:38 PM   #7

Hi and congrats on your purchase. I bought mine and it has been sitting on the lot for one year. Be advised that the 2 year warranty starts when you pick it up even if it sat on the lot for 2 years.

Happy camping
Smokey61 is offline   Reply With Quote