Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-31-2013, 07:20 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappypics View Post
What I have learned from all of this is very disappointing. For almost 6 months I have been dealing with a serious issue on a trailer I have owned for less than a year and the manufacturer WILL NOT stand behind their product and even attempt to identify and resolve the problem. This is the 4th RV trailer I have owned and the LAST Jayco product that I will ever spend my money on. My efforts will now be spent getting it out of my driveway and taking the financial hit.
So no contacting Action Line, then?

Ex. 2010 Jayco Jay Feather Ex-Port 17Z
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L Vortec V8 6-speed with Power Pack Plus Package | Hypertech Max Energy tune
wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #52

As another engineer I have watched this thread. I don't have enough information to make a single suggestion. I do have an observation or so. Jayco used an oversized TV for a test pull of your unit, but you may have missed the logic behind this choice. In testing you attempt to limit variables so as to focus your test as much as possible. There are many variables in towing, it's a system made up of variables, the TV, the hitch, the setup of each and a trailer. Also, a single axle trailer is a simple machine in that if the axle is not bent and you pull it from the center it follows the pulling forces. It's like a hand truck, you grab it in the center of the handle and walk and it follows you. The actual shape of the frame would make no difference as long as the simple things I mentioned are there and within spec. You could build a frame of almost any random shape and given a straight axle, two good wheels and the pulling forces close to center and it will follow you down the road. So given this, is it possible that when they told you they have no idea what's wrong, they actually have no idea? Is it possible that issues with the trailer have been eliminated as the cause of your problems? I am just asking because I have been there, I have made this same type mistake of logic many times. I do hope you find a good resolution to all this.

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #53

@wmoses, I did contact the RV Action Line, they are backed up and it would be months before they could begin an investigation. So, to end the frustration it's time to just move on and cut my loses.

@flyingpenguin, I live in Indiana and the Lemon Law does not extent to RV's, probably because this is the heart of RV manufacturing. If the Lemon Law did extent to RV's I would have easily qualified as the unit went into the dealer 3 times, the manufacturer 2 times and an independent inspection. All together is was in for service for more than 6 weeks.
snappypics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #54

2013 X17Z axle problems!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that. May your next trailer be problem-free! Good luck to you!
Old 11-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #55

FINAL CONVERSATION WITH JAYCO

I talked with Jan, Mr. Bontrager's (CEO) assistant, and they are basically saying that there is a problem with my trailer, but they can't figure it out and are not going to spend any more time or resources on the situation. As disappointing as that is to hear, I have to give Jan credit, she is the ONLY person that always called me back and took care of things when she said she would.

The independent inspection came up with a laundry list of problems that Jayco is NOT recognizing because they were not present for the inspection. Seems to defeat the purpose of an independent inspection if you ask me. And for WMOSES, the RV Action Line is sending Jayco a letter, but here is there process, the first letter is sent, if there is no answer for 30 days, then they send a second letter. If there is no answer after that then the situation is closed and considered resolved even if it is not. So, basically the manufacturers just have to ignore the RV Action Line and the problem will go away. Not a lot of help there.
snappypics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #56

Give it a chance. It is all you have right now for options short of taking them to court. Were it me I'd have done it a long time ago, even if I'd have the worst possible outcome you described - which incidentally is not yet the case. At least I'd have had the answer sooner.

Ex. 2010 Jayco Jay Feather Ex-Port 17Z
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L Vortec V8 6-speed with Power Pack Plus Package | Hypertech Max Energy tune
wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote