Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-03-2015, 11:05 AM   #21

I've checked with the dealer early on and they were no help. One suggestion they came up with was to park it on the street. They may be good at selling but no bed side manner. I found out about the lift kit from the forum and evidently the dealer didn't know of the option. I will try them again with the information I have now but I'm sure they can not do the work at their facility. Good dealership but selling is their specialty.
gagers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 12:13 PM   #22

Make sure to show them the option list on Jayco's web site. They should really have know about it.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 08:56 AM   #23

If you don't need the double kit does Dexter supply parts for a single axcel or are you stuck with parts you don't need? We have a X17z with a single axcel. If not, does anyone have the extra parts they didn't need?
Hrhsharonnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:38 PM   #24

Sorry, but what is the purpose of lifting the unit? 2.5" does not seem like much if it for better clearance?

Curious.
Thanks,
Debbie
Debsshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 01:23 PM   #25

2 1/2 inches

anyone who has a 17 knows that 2 1/2 inches is a big deal. We sit so low to the ground it is hard to dump. Our grey water discharge pipe got ripped off this past spring. We actually considered trading it next year. It is great when entering and exiting the unit though.
grandmawoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 06:24 PM   #26

2-1/2 inches would give me the clearance needed to get my unit in and out of the driveway without the use of ramps. Curtis was able to use the lift kit directly because he has a side mount axle but in my case I have a top mount which means a side mount kit has to be welded to the frame. Below is info I received from Jayco and Dexter about the conversion and possible warranty concerns since my X17Z is virtually new. Hope this help others needing a slight lift.

Email from Jayco about affects on warranty and stating that X17Z models use a top mount ….

Good morning, and thank you for contacting Jayco.

Because Jayco has not factory tested this after market installation, we do not contain the supportive information needed to make proper recommendations. This being said, if you decide to make this after market modification, it will not void your warranty entirely. We can still consider your unit under warranty until your warranty expiration date, but we cannot cover any damages that may occur during the installation process of this kit. We also cannot cover any future items that may become damaged from this installation. For this specific model, the axles have always been installed with the top mount process. If you do not feel comfortable having the kit installed on your unit, it may be best to contact Dexter about possible axle upgrades. I hope this information is useful.

Sincerely,

Victoria Randolph

Email from Jayco talking about the factory lift kit option……..

The units with the 2 inch lift on them, they do contain different axles. If I am correct, I believe they would be part number 0259548. To confirm this information, it is to contact our parts department, a Jayco dealer, or Dexter. Even if you just contacted Dexter, they will know the best suggestion for your unit.

Sincerely,

Victoria Randolph

Email from Dexter talking about parts needed to lift my axle,,,,,,

Good afternoon Mr. Gage,

In the last file attachment, please find the full description for the axle for Dexter SN 121930905 that you stated that you had. Your axle is currently being used in a top mount application, meaning that the axle is mounted underneath your trailer frame. In order to use our lift kit, part number K71-707-01 for a single axle trailer, YOU MUST INSTALL OUR TORFLEX SIDE MOUNT HANGER KIT, PART NUMBER AP-166. YOU WILL THEN BE ABLE TO INSTALL OUR LIFT KIT BUT YOU MUST USE OUR LIFT KIT WITH OUR AP-166 SIDE MOUNT HANGER KIT.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:08 AM   #27

I have a 2015 x17z and mine is a side mount, looks like exactly like the picture that Curtis posted where the frame has a welded "L" bracket that is bolted to the holes on the side of the axle. Did they just put whatever dexter axle they had laying around under them?
letigre87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 06:50 PM   #28

I was just curious how well this lift has worked out for you over the years. I just bought a used 2013 X17Z and am looking at the single axle #10 kit from etrailer for 86 bucks to gain a few inches. Thanks!
509camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 08:33 PM   #29

Worked well didn't effect the ride or gas mileage but I didn't get the 2-1/2 inches I needed. Probably raised it 1-1/2 or slightly more but still had a driveway issue. Since that time I have traded up to a Jayco 27RL which has the clearance I need. We loved the hybrid but the extra room is wonderful. If I hadn't traded I probably would have looked at putting a inch large rim and tires on it. The lift kit got me so close but not quite there.
Old 05-15-2023, 07:07 AM   #30

Is anyone selling a kit that has larger blocks and bolts to get closer to 6” of lift for the X17Z? Not worried about warranty—just height and stability.

We love our 2012, but the thing is embarrassingly low, making me constantly worry about dragging whenever entering driveways, going over anything, etc. etc.
ArkyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 07:55 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyCamper View Post
Is anyone selling a kit that has larger blocks and bolts to get closer to 6” of lift for the X17Z? Not worried about warranty—just height and stability.

We love our 2012, but the thing is embarrassingly low, making me constantly worry about dragging whenever entering driveways, going over anything, etc. etc.
Any luck with the 6” spacers?
Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 09:50 PM   #32

I have a X17A single dexter #10 axle. Lifted 6” using rectangular steel tube. Then went with a 15” rim and 235-75-15 BFG KO2 tires.

Great clearance now
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9628.jpg   71255285169__0BB9B219-F01E-4C50-8617-7CB94B9C92A3.jpg   IMG_9627.jpg   IMG_9626.jpg   IMG_6075.jpg  

Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote