Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-07-2014, 05:57 AM   #1

2014 16xrb first impressions

Well we got out this weekend in our new 16xrb, we were in a 08 160x funfinder but needed more space but cant tow much weight. overall it worked great, there are a few things i dont like, some i will try to change.
the biggest thing is that you have to light hot water heater(old one was electric)
it will take some time to get used to sleeping in the tent ends
i dont like not having outdoor speakers but i will add some.
I though storage would be a issue but its not, we didnt even use the spaces under the dinette seats.
I dont like that it has no front stablizer jacks, it seems to move a bit more than our old camper, i will add some
its great to have more space and a bigger fridge. i may add a grill hook up for propane. Were going out again this weekend, this time a little longer so well see how it goes for more than one night.
14 SLX 16XRB
JeepGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:06 AM   #2

Curious, how tall are you, was the bunk size an issue? I am also looking at this model and the 19 foot version.
thanks.
Jayh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:41 PM   #3

im 6' and the beds are shorter than our old one, but it wasent horrible, i couldnt stretch out but i slept ok.
14 SLX 16XRB
Old 07-08-2014, 04:24 AM   #4
Mat

Glad you like it, we've been camping in our new 16xrb for the last 3 weekends and we are sleeping and living very well!!! but like you've mention I've ordered 2 stabilizer jack to put at the front of my trailer and the other thing I would like to modified would be the gray tank, we don't last a weekend and we are a small family of 3.
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat View Post
...and the other thing I would like to modify would be the gray tank, we don't last a weekend and we are a small family of 3.
You need to re-examine how you use your water. 'Showers' become glorified sponge baths. You don't leave the water running when brushing teeth or rinsing dishes or washing hands, etc.. Water usage becomes a conscious activity when you have to haul it up to the cabin from the creek with a bucket like great great grandpa used to do.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:03 AM   #6

we didnt use much water, but will this weekend, were used to 'camp" showers anyway since our last camper ran the toilet and shower water together, so we had to be super quick.
14 SLX 16XRB
Old 07-14-2014, 12:29 PM   #7

back from first 3 night trip, def need to install a shower head with a cutoff used way to much water, had to dump tanks twice. Also noticed there are NO drawers in this, oh well guess well figure out something for silverware
sleeping arangements worked great for kids (main reason for buying)
it was kinda funny, we went with friends who have 2 kids also, they have a HUGE 5th wheel toy hauler ( a raptor velocity) all the kids wanted to hang out in our camper instead of the giant one.
14 SLX 16XRB
Old 07-14-2014, 02:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfarmall View Post
You need to re-examine how you use your water. Water usage becomes a conscious activity when you have to haul it up to the cabin from the creek with a bucket like great great grandpa used to do.
How about the "out house", Pop had a 2 holer and boy did it stink. I went out to the back side of the Barn. Remember the well and the bucket and the ladle for drinking from the bucket water. Pasteurized, what the hell is that! Pop made it to 87.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGuy View Post
back from first 3 night trip, def need to install a shower head with a cutoff used way to much water, had to dump tanks twice. Also noticed there are NO drawers in this, oh well guess well figure out something for silverware
sleeping arangements worked great for kids (main reason for buying)
it was kinda funny, we went with friends who have 2 kids also, they have a HUGE 5th wheel toy hauler ( a raptor velocity) all the kids wanted to hang out in our camper instead of the giant one.
I think it might be the jeep.....
jeeper182 is offline   Reply With Quote