Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2015, 10:04 PM   #1

2014 X23B LED awning lights

I have a 2014 X23B that I have used maybe 6 times max. I purchased it brand new in Sept 2013. Last year there were a few LED bulbs out here and there on the awning. The first time we took it out this season there is only about 16" right above the door that is lit. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there any warranty on these lights or any recommendations for fixing or replacing them?
Thanks for any assistance!!
Jcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 07:36 AM   #2

I could be wrong, but I don't believe the awning lights come as a standard or option from Jayco. So I wouldn't expect them to be covered by the Jayco warranty.

Also, I've been looking at lights for my 2011 23B and so far I've not found any that didn't recommend you take them down before rolling up the awning.

I suspect yours were a dealer installed option and that somewhere you've got a manual for them with warranty info and that probably suggested taking them down before rolling up the awning.
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
2006 Honda Ridgeline (retired TV)
charles_cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:41 AM   #3

These actually were direct from Jayco. They are hardwired into a switch right inside next to our interior lights and they are the only exterior lights on it (which makes it rather frustrating). They are up at the base of the awning so I'm not sure they are affected by rolling up the awning.
Jcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:53 AM   #4

My LED Awning lights failed within one week of taking delivery on a 2015 27RLS this past April. It was like pulling teeth to get the dealer to address the problem. After about a month, they finally sent a technician to replace the light strip. The tech did a "cob job" replacing the strip and I had to re-install the strip myself.

I hate the LED light strip as they are way too bright and attract bugs. I have been on 4 trips this year and never used them.
THE MEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:04 AM   #5

The "el-cheapo" LED's I bought from Amazon does allow for controlling the brightness of the lights...... interesting that Jayco doesn't allow for this.
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 05:03 PM   #6

Have the same problem with my Jayco Eagle RE3S. Only about one foot that is lighting. Would like to replace but am wondering what the electrical connection is like. Think they are applied with some type of two sided adhesive tape. Hope someone can inform us as to how repair is done and how they are connected.
rog4kneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 09:11 AM   #7

I'm now having the same problem with the LED strip on my 2014 X23B. Some lights come on and others do not. It's totally random. If I gave it a few minutes, eventually all the LEDs will light up. But, as soon as I turn on the interior lights and put a load on the circuitry, they go out and then start blinking randomly. I suspect a bad connection somewhere, but who know where!
Old 05-04-2017, 04:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
The "el-cheapo" LED's I bought from Amazon does allow for controlling the brightness of the lights...... interesting that Jayco doesn't allow for this.
I find the leds offensively bright. I asked our dealer if we could strip it out for another color, and he said 'no.' They are installed under the awning. Anyone tried replacing them?
frauo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 07:35 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

About 4-5 years ago we were all installing these LED light strips.
Just double sticky tape to awning roller and plug into outside outlet. They have 25 different colors and are dimable. When tearing down, just disconnect 12V transformer, tuck the lead over into the awning and roll them up. Ours lasted a couple years. You should be able to find some old threads when this was a hot topic.
I liked these better than my new TT lights that are white and located below awning on side of trailer. The new lights draw bugs and are too bright.
I use these in Florida on my lanai. I also usually buy and extra strip of lights only for about $13. If your light strip goes bad, you don't need to buy the whole set again. I think it took me about 30 minutes to replace on my camper awning after a year. No biggie.

https://www.amazon.com/XKTTSUEERCRR-...28V27CQ6H3NQYG

Quick fix for $21.

Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 02:02 PM   #10

Our 2015 has the LED light strip under the awning in lieu of the cheesey porch light. We just took delivery of it yesterday so I have no hard facts, but it is pretty bright to leave on all night. It's a simple LED light strip, I'm going to do a little research to see if I can add a PWM circuit to it to dim them.
As for replacements, eBay has tons of LED strip lights (you want the Surface Mounts) real cheap, it should be a trivial task to replace. I say "should" as RV manufactures have been known to do silly things that make things way too hard.
Gsansoucie is offline   Reply With Quote